YouTube is one of the most visited websites on the internet, with 1.5 billion unique monthly visitors.
The site was founded by three former PayPal employees in 2005 and quickly became one of the most popular video-sharing platforms on the internet.
YouTube has had past technical issues, causing videos to pause however this does not happen that often. If your Youtube video keeps pausing it could be a network or connection issue.
If it happens often, there are certain things you will need to check. This article will list a few possibilities.
Check Default Settings
- Open the YouTube app and tap the three dots in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. This will open the Settings menu. Tap on “More Settings.” The Settings menu will appear on your phone screen.
- Scroll down until you find “Video Management.” You can also find it under “General” in the YouTube app. If not, tap on the three dots at the top left-hand side of the screen and select “Settings” from the dropdown menu.
- Then scroll up to the bottom and click on “Video Management” on the left.
- Here, you will see the option to change what controls YouTube’s UI to control videos’ playback. For instance, if you want to pause or play a video, you simply need to choose whether you’d like to control the UI. If the auto-pause feature on this setting is on, turn it off to stop YouTube from pausing.
YouTube has recently rolled out new features like background play and picture-in-picture, which have improved the user experience. Still, some users report that their YouTube videos are running at a low resolution or pausing while scrolling on some devices.
If you’ve encountered this issue, you can try the following troubleshooting measures to fix the problem:
1) Turn off your mobile data for the YouTube app.
2) Check your network connection.
3) Clear cache of the YouTube app by navigating to Application Manager>YouTube>Storage>CLEAR DATA
4) If nothing works, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the YouTube app.
The key to preventing YouTube from pausing is to check your browser issues. Many different browser extensions can help you avoid this problem.
To prevent YouTube from pausing when loading a video, you will need to make sure that your computer’s browser is up-to-date. One common cause of the problem is an outdated browser that does not support HTML5.
If your video stops after playing for a few minutes, the most likely culprit is ads on YouTube and their autoplay feature. To disable autoplay, you can try these steps:
1) Go to YouTube.com and sign in if necessary
2) Click on the Settings icon (the gear in the top right corner)
3) Click “Playback settings”
4) Enable “No Autoplay”
5) Select “Never Auto-Play Videos”
6) Select “Prefer HD Videos When Available”
Fault in YouTube
YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing website. Users try every possible way to get the target reach. Who do not manage to get a good amount of engagement often choose to buy monetized YouTube channels as the easiest way.
It has an estimated 1.5 billion unique visitors per month. It is famous for its variety of content, including videos on how to do things, educational videos, and vlog (video blog) entries that give insight into people’s lives.
YouTube does have faults that can cause it to pause or not work correctly; among them are outages and bugs in the YouTube app. One bug, in particular, is known as “The Black Screen of Death,” which causes the screen to go black without any warning or notification.
This fault first appeared on Windows 8 systems but soon spread to more platforms like Android and Mac.
Remind Me to Take a Break Feature
Despite YouTube’s attempts to keep content as engaging as possible, some users want to take a break from the videos and take a short breather. The “Remind Me to Take A Break” feature is not only causing videos to pause but also causing all other videos to pause.
This feature is available in settings and has an icon at the bottom of the screen. It can be turned on or off with a tap of the icon. However, this feature is imperfect and does not work as it should sometimes.
When it does work properly, it offers you a timer that counts down from 20 minutes and then pauses the video for 20 minutes, after which you can resume watching your video list again.
How to Stop YouTube From Auto Pausing?
YouTube is designed to play videos for viewers. This means it pauses the video when you leave the tab or switch to another app. YouTube has an option to stop videos from pausing automatically.
1) Open YouTube and click on your account icon in the top right corner of the screen.
2) In your account preferences window, select General Settings on the left-hand side menu
3) In the General Settings window, scroll down until you find Auto Play
4) Toggle off Auto Play
YouTube is one of the most popular video streaming platforms around the world. People love to watch videos on YouTube, but they are often frustrated at how YouTube pauses a video if there is no sound.
There is no easy way to turn off this autoplay setting, so you have to find another way to stop YouTube from auto pausing.
The easiest way is by using a third-party extension that will automatically pause the video when there is no sound. YouTube automatically pauses the video when it detects that the user is not watching it. If you don’t want this to happen, you can do a few things.
1) Turn off the Autoplay feature by going to settings and disabling it under “Playback.”
2) Turn off the “Watch Later” playlist by going to your account and disabling it under “Playlists.”
3) Play videos in a different browser or mobile device to avoid YouTube pausing them when you’re not watching on your PC/laptop.
4) Use AdBlock so that YouTube doesn’t detect you when you aren’t using your computer.
YouTube can be an excellent resource for learning, but what if it’s not playing the way you want it to? YouTube is generally a reliable streaming platform, but if there is an issue with the internet connection or the video is too heavy, YouTube will pause and buffer.
YouTube also pauses when there are network errors or high traffic. It’s worth checking your internet connection and ensuring that you have a good Wi-Fi signal to see if those issues are causing YouTube to pause.
- Prime Video Subtitles Not Working (List Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Why Is Prime Video Not Working On My Samsung Tv? (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Tips for Enjoying YouTube Without Interruptions: A Seamless Viewing Guide
- Why Is Amazon’s Two-step Verification Not Working? (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Why Is Prime Video Not Working On Firestick? (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Why Is Amazon Prime Video Not Working? (9 Different Fixes)
- How To Rate Movies On Amazon Prime (Easy!)
- Why Is Prime Video Not Working On Roku? (List Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Twitch Chat Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)