Everybody has something to do. We all have jobs, social lives, and errands. It’s only natural that we won’t always be there for delivery.
Amazon might still complete delivery at the exact moment that you leave “your post”, and the package won’t be in your safe hands. That’s why Amazon decides that the delivery will be made to a safe location. But what does that actually mean?
Amazon Delivers Orders to Safe Places:
Amazon claims that if there isn’t anyone home to receive the package at the time of delivery, they will leave it. However, they promise to keep it safe.
We will leave the package in a safe place if no one is available at the address when we deliver it. Amazon Logistics will leave a visitor notice if a secure place is unavailable or delivery requires that someone be present. Three delivery attempts will be made on consecutive days. Amazon Logistics will hold your package for three days until you provide delivery instructions. Your package will be returned to Amazon within three days for a refund.
Although this isn’t very common, Amazon is willing to do such things.
Sometimes, you will see the status of your order show that it was delivered but that you have not received it. If this happens, they suggest that you inquire if the package can still be delivered to a neighbor or receptionist if you aren’t able to pick it up.
Carriers won’t ring the bell or knock on your door until 8 a.m., so don’t be disturbed at night. If you have not found the package in your safe place, please contact support for assistance.
You may also find some additional information related to this event that could be helpful for your future dealings with Amazon delivery.
Continue reading to find out more about Amazon delivery and what you can expect when your package is marked “delivered in a safe location”.
What does “Delivered To a Safe Place” mean?
This basically means that even if you aren’t available to pick up the package, you can have it delivered to someone else or to a safe place so that the carrier can leave it until you return it.
A safe place is one that allows the package to be delivered in a safe environment. If it doesn’t, it won’t arrive.
These are just a few of the conditions or qualities that you might encounter:
- It must be dry and protected from any rain or other natural environment that could affect the condition of your package
- It should be hidden from the public eye.
- Delivery should be made by someone who can easily access the item.
- A shed, a greenhouse or porch with a door are all good options.
Avoid these places:
- The bin
- Just outside your door
- The yard or the garden
- Surrounding a wall or gate
- Near a bench, or “hidden under” some plants.
You should file a complaint if you find your package at one of these locations.
Usually, you will be able see a photo of the location where your Amazon package has been delivered. This is very useful as some couriers may be able to get creative to make sure your package isn’t visible from the street or stolen.
How do I request a safe place for a delivery?
After selecting a delivery address, go to the confirmation screen and click “Add Delivery Instructions”.
You can also choose delivery to a neighbor’s home (which must be next to you and notified).
If you have the option, you can also choose from the list of safe places provided it is not visible to the public or unprotected. Some orders may not allow you to deliver them to a safe location without supervision.
If there is no other option and you are unable to receive the package, the carrier will leave you a card with instructions on how to get it.
What should I do if my Amazon package is lost?
Although you may think that this could happen to anyone, it is possible for your package to be delivered to a safer location, which can lead to confusion and increase the likelihood of a lost package.
Even if you don’t require all of it, it is a good idea to be prepared.
How do I track down my package?
- Go to Order History, check the most recent information about your package’s current location. You’ll be able to see if it has been delivered and the shipping address.
- If it’s been delivered, you can check your house and apartment for any damage.
- You can contact the carrier responsible for your delivery to find out more.
- Contact support if nothing else works.
How do I report a missing package from a third party seller?
- You can report missing items to Amazon Pay by going to the “Details” section of the order.
- You will need to select the problem that you are having with the package. In this example, it would be “Where is my stuff?”, and then click “Send the merchant”.
You can always request a refund if everything goes wrong by contacting Amazon directly.
What happens if Amazon Delivers a Package to the Wrong House
You might believe that the package was delivered to the wrong address if you search every safe place in your home for it.
You can contact support to let them know your situation. If they find the package, they’ll send a new one or, if not, a refund.
If you’re one of the few who receive packages that aren’t yours, please notify Amazon. We know you will.
Learn more about Amazon These related posts will help you learn more about Amazon.
You might be too busy to get the package delivered to you from Amazon.
This is a great option. However, if you are able to avoid all this and simply receive the package yourself, it will still be the best choice. However, customers feel more confident shopping with options.
- Amazon Delivered To Safe Place (what It Means, Secure Location + Other Faqs)
- How Many Times Will Amazon Attempt Delivery? (full Guide)
- Fedex Says Delivered But No Package (reasons Why This Is Happening + More)
- What Does Shipped Mean On Amazon? (Everything To Know!)
- What Does Out For Delivery Mean (Amazon, Ups, & More)
- Why Was My Amazon Order Undeliverable? (Everything To Know…)
- Amazon Says Arriving Today But Not Out For Delivery (What This Means!)
- Does Amazon Deliver To Apartments? (your Full Guide)
- Does Amazon Deliver In The Rain? (All You Need To Know)
- How To Find Out Who Sent You An Amazon Package (step-by-step + Other Faqs)