All of the steps involved in creating an account and signing in to websites are well-known. Sometimes, you may just want to skip some.
You will need your phone number to create your Amazon account. But, you can also use it without it.
How to Create an Amazon Account without a Phone Number
Amazon states that it is not necessary to provide your phone number in order to create an account. You can browse the site and purchase products without any problems.
This is how you can create an Amazon account without a phone number if you need a more detailed explanation.
- Sign up at Amazon.com
- You will then be asked to complete a registration form. This includes your name, email address and password.
- Once you’re done, create an Amazon account.
Yes, you can open an Amazon account with no phone number. However, your phone number is required to access Amazon and all its benefits such as adding a shipping address.
Can I add a shipping address without a phone number?
These steps are required when you add a new shipping address.
- Register for your Amazon account
- Click on “Accounts & Lists”, then click on your account.
- You will be able add a new address to “Your addresses”, and will need to enter your country, name, street address and location. Finally, your phone number will be required.
- Next, click on “Add Your Address” and that’s all!
Your phone number is an important part of adding a shipping address to your order. However, it is not necessary.
It makes sense to include your phone in the delivery process. This can help avoid misunderstandings and make things easier. However, it is not required.
What can I do if I provide my mobile phone number?
You can access a few additional Amazon features by providing your phone number. This includes delivery status updates and text messages that contain important information.
You can also verify your account by using the 2 step verification option. This is useful in cases where your shipping information does not match that of your wireless service provider.
You have a few options for this verification:
- Receive Verification Code
- Text Message Verification
- Voice Call Verification
You can choose from a variety of options that are very easy to understand.
You can skip this step if you don’t like it or have tried it but don’t like it anymore.
How can I skip Amazon Phone Verification?
You can turn it off by following these steps.
- You first need to visit Amazon on your computer or app, then you can go to your account.
- Click “Login and security”.
- You’ll then see the “Edit”, option right next to Two Step Verification (2SV), Settings.
- You can disable the Two-Step Verification from your account by going to this link.
- To disable Two-Step verification, you will need to enter your Amazon Security Code from the backup method of choice.
- Now you’re done. After you have successfully entered your code, you will receive a notification.
Are there two Amazon accounts that can be linked to the same phone number?
You can’t. You can only have one account per phone number. However, there are ways to log in to other accounts using your old mobile number.
- In “Your Content and Devices”, you can unregister your number with Amazon.
- You can use another number on your second account if you have it.
- Contact Customer Service if you are unable to use your number or have no other Amazon accounts.
You want to know more about Amazon? These posts will explain what Amazon Flex is, what Amazon delivered to safe places means, and if Amazon ships to Hawaii.
Although you can create an Amazon account quickly without providing your phone number, it is better to add your number to ensure a smooth experience.
You can improve your security by linking your phone number to your account. Also, you’ll receive notifications about your orders. So why not give it another try? Even if you don’t want to.
- How To Create An Amazon Account Without A Phone Number (all You Need To Know)
- What Is My Amazon Account Number? (Easy To Find!)
- Why Is Amazon’s Two-step Verification Not Working? (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- What Is My Amazon Profile Link? (how To Find It + Other Faqs)
- Can You Have Multiple Amazon Accounts? (your Full Guide)
- What Is My Amazon Account Number? (step-by-step + Other Faqs)
- Amazon Won’t Accept Address (What It Means & What To Do…)
- Is An Amazon Account Free? (all You Need To Know)
- Can You Have Multiple Amazon Accounts? (Everything You Need To Know)
- Paypal Without Phone Number (meaning + Can You Use Paypal Without One)