Lululemon is so expensive because of its high-quality moisture-wicking fabric. Other reasons include exclusive brand and marketing, scarcity of products, and production costs.
Lululemon is a Canadian company that manufactures athletic apparel for men and women. The company is best known for its yoga pants, which are popular among yoga and exercise enthusiasts.
However, Lululemon’s main line of apparel includes jackets, tops, bottoms, and even accessories like hats, bags, yoga mats, and more.
The price of Lululemon is not an arbitrary number. It reflects the quality of the product. The fabric Lululemon uses is moisture-wicking and 4-way stretch. The fabric is also odor resistant and is designed to make a person look slim.
This is designed to provide the utmost comfort. They have to hire people with extensive knowledge in fashion design and technology who are capable of creating products that are perfectly tailored to today’s modern, active woman.
This article will help you understand why Lululemon products are so expensive.
High Production Cost of Lululemon
The cost of production has gone up because it takes more time to make a higher-quality piece of clothing. The stitching on Lululemon products is more detailed and takes longer to complete.
Fabric quality is also much higher than other brands on the market. The price tag reflects these qualities as well as the company’s goal to provide its customers with a premium product that they can be confident in while wearing.
The machines used in the production of Lululemon are high-end that require maintenance. The company is also known to test multiple products before the final product hits the market, thereby increasing the production cost.
Constant Innovation and Research by Lululemon
Many people are unaware of Lululemon’s past, but the company has had many ups and downs in its history. While the company currently seems to be doing very well, that has not always been the case.
The company was founded in 1998 by Chip Wilson with the goal of making high-quality yoga clothing for men and women. It started with just one store in Vancouver, BC, Canada which was met with success.
The business saw a significant increase in sales with the release of their Luon pants in 2000.
However, after years of success and without warning, the company faced a major setback when they were forced to recall 17% of their products because they were too sheer.
Lululemon has since come up with many innovative ideas for their clothing and has even trademarked some of them. Some of these features include the following:
- A wide waistband that sits higher on the waist so it can be worn comfortably under clothes.
- The material of their pants is thicker than most yoga pants, which makes them more durable. They are also designed with a stretchable material that allows you to move freely while wearing them. They are even made to be more durable in the thigh area so that they are not easily torn when you are working out or doing other physical activities.
- Their clothes come in sizes ranging from XS-XXL, which makes them perfect for people who do not normally find clothing in their size.
- Their clothes are made with a high percentage of recycled PET (polyethylene terephthalate). While this may not seem like a big deal, it is when you consider that each year, about 10 million plastic bottles end up in landfills because they cannot be recycled properly. This is because the plastic bottle’s label clogs up the machines used to sort out recyclable materials, but with Lululemon’s use of recycled PET material in their clothing, this problem can be avoided so these bottles can be recycled properly and put to use again instead of ending up in landfills where they do no good for the environment.
High Quality Fabric by Lululemon
Lululemon is well known for its stylish and high-quality yoga clothing. They have a wide range of different pieces that are not only made with high-quality fabric but also designed to last.
The material is stretchy and comfortable, while the pieces themselves are made to fit different body types. Their famous fabric is a blend of nylon and lycra. This makes for a nice stretch and extremely soft touch.
Lululemon offers a variety of different styles and fabrics, so there is something for every person. In addition to their famous leggings, they have tops, shorts, sports bras, and more.
The best part about lululemon clothing is that it’s not limited to just yoga outfits- they have plenty of other pieces that can be worn outside of the gym.
They are perfect for the person who wants to look good when they are in their workout clothes.
Exclusive Lululemon Retail Stores
Lululemon is a high-end yoga and athletic apparel company. They offer a wide range of products for men and women, including clothing, accessories, and gear.
Lululemon runs its own store online and various exclusive physical stores across the country.
In their beautiful retail stores they have their various leggings and men’s pants options on display for customers to easily see the different varieties they have to offer.
Another amazing perk is that Lululemon offers in their retail stores is that they will alter any clothing item you purchase for free.
Lululemon Uses the Scarcity Model
It is becoming increasingly difficult to find a Lululemon store in your neighborhood. This has been a trend for the last few years, and it seems that their scarcity model is working.
Lululemon has been trying to keep the brand exclusive by making it difficult for people to find them.
Their CEO believes that a scarcity model increases the value of the product and therefore the demand automatically increases.
They also do not offer large quantities of their different clothing styles. Once they sell out they are gone. This leads to more hype among their consumers.
Brand Image of Lululemon Contributes to the High Price
When one thinks of Lululemon, one thinks about the high-quality material, the stylish design, and the expensive price of products.
The logo is also very recognizable, which makes it an instant well-known brand.
Some would say that this contributes to the high price because it is a well-known and popular brand. Others believe it’s the quality of the product that makes it expensive.
Lululemon Offers Minimal Discounts
Lululemon offers minimal discounts because they don’t want to devalue their brand. The company has a very high perceived value, so it doesn’t have to discount its products very often.
The company feels it’s okay for them to be on the more expensive side because people are willing to pay for quality.
Lululemon is also known for having a loyal customer base that returns frequently. This makes the company less likely to have excess inventory that needs to be discounted.
Lululemon Marketing Campaigns are Expensive
Lululemon is an internationally renowned clothing company that sells athletic wear for men and women.
Lululemon marketing campaigns are expensive because they often rely on celebrity endorsements and influencers, which can be costly.
How to Save Money When Purchasing Lululemon Products?
Lululemon is a company that sells high-end yoga apparel. They have a wide variety of products that retail very high.
There are many ways to save money when purchasing Lululemon products. One way is to buy their products during the Lululemon outlet sale events.
Another way is to visit their website and sign up for their mailing list so you can receive coupons and discounts on your purchase.
If you shop at the company’s store, you can look for the products on the sale rack.
Lululemon products are worth the cost because they last longer and are made out of better-quality materials than most other fitness clothes on the market today.
- Is Lululemon In Movement Discontinued? (What To Know!)
- Does Lululemon Fix Holes In Leggings? (Tips, Approved Swaps, Pilling)
- Does Lululemon Hem For Free? (What To Know!)
- When Does Lululemon Restock? (Complete Guide!)
- Does Lululemon Have Sales 2022 (Complete Guide)
- Does Lululemon Take Afterpay In 2022? (Refunds, Late Fees, Spending Limits)
- Does Hobby Lobby Sell Fabric? (all You Need To Know)
- 15 Things To Know Before Buying Costco Clothes (trying On Clothes, Returns + More)
- Is IZOD A Good Brand For Midrange Clothing?
- Hollister Vs. Abercrombie: Which Is Better?!