You all know the old saying, “Don’t judge a book from its cover”. However, this is what actually happens the moment you walk into an interview. Even before the interview begins, your physical appearance could determine whether or not you pass or fail.
Congratulations if you have been offered a job at McDonald’s! You have many things to do before the interview, and you may be wondering what to wear. It is important not to overdress or appear too “extra”.
This article is for YOU! We’ll help you decide what outfit you should wear, along with other tips, so you can rock that interview!
What to wear to a McDonald’s interview?
While there is no dress code, you should wear a smart casual outfit. You would dress professionally and neatly for any interview at McDonald’s.
A McDonald’s interview is different than a job interview at a law office. It’s a completely different experience. Dress well, but not too much. Overdressing or underdressing can be a negative sign to your interviewer.
You will make a poor impression on yourself if you aren’t properly dressed. This is a sign that you are not serious about the interview. Overdressing can make it seem like you aren’t at home and don’t know what the work environment is. It is best to be in the middle.
You should choose an outfit that is somewhere in between these extremes. Here’s some advice on what to wear for a McDonald’s interview.
- A collared button-down shirt. Both short- and long-sleeve options are acceptable.
- Dark pants, preferably in black or dark blue.
- Jacket or sweater
- Dress shoes that are conservative
- Plain slacks
- Dark-colored skirts (should be at least knee-length).
- Simple, but professional-looking blouse
- A dark sweater or jacket
- Flat shoes
- Sandals or shoes with low heels
This might interest you: What to Wear to a Chick-Fil A Interview? (Everything You Need to Know!)
Additional Outfit Tips
Your appearance is not only about the clothes you wear and the shoes you choose. Your appearance is important, as well.
Make sure you are neat, tidy, clean, and presentable. Make sure you wash your face and keep it clean. Make sure your hair is not tangled up. Avoid excessive hairstyles like spiked hair, mohawks, and brightly colored hair. You can leave your hair untied or tied for ladies. Keep in mind that your hair should be neat.
The key to being professional and presentable is the overall goal.
What to Avoid wearing to a McDonald’s Interview
You should not wear certain things to an interview. Although a McDonald’s interview is more casual, there are still some things that you should avoid wearing to one.
- Short pants
- Any sports attire (e.g., sports pants, jerseys, swimming wear)
- Any shirt with offensive or sensitive content
- Sandals for men
- Avoid wearing headwear or caps.
This gives you an idea of what to wear for interviews. There are many other options, but you should ensure that your outfit is appropriate, decent, and professional. It would be rude to offend an interviewer by dressing poorly or wearing a shirt that has offensive graphic content.
What to wear for an interview at McDonald’s Office Jobs?
A collared shirt and pants are not sufficient for corporate jobs at McDonald’s. This job is not for a McDonald’s branch. Your outfit should reflect the corporate position you are applying for.
It is necessary to transition from business casual to smart casual. This is generally what a business casual outfit looks like:
- A dark blue or black suit/blazer/jacket
- A dress shirt (choose conservative colors such as grey, navy or black)
- Tie (optional)
- Dark-colored slacks
- Leather shoes for dress occasions
- Suit skirts
- Long dresses
- Bow flats
- Toe pump heels
Asking someone who works there for advice is another way to ensure you are wearing the right outfit. Ask a friend, colleague, or associate who works in the company. You can get a feel for the general dress code and atmosphere. What are the most common clothes worn by employees in the company?
You can skip wearing jackets or suits if it isn’t a tradition to do so at your interview. This will prevent you from appearing out of place, by not over- or under-dressing. You should be aware of what is happening around you and adjust accordingly. This will increase your chances of landing the job.
Are you curious about dress codes? Learn More:
- Starbucks Dress Code 2022
- What is Fleming’s Dress Code? (What You Need to Know!)
- What is Fogo de Chao’s Dress Code for 2022?
Whatever position you are being interviewed for, whether it’s a corporate job, restaurant manager or service crew, you must “dress to impress.” The interviewer will instantly form an impression about you by looking at your clothes.
When interviewing for a job at McDonald’s, be smart casual. Men should wear a collared button-down shirt and dress pants with shoes. A skirt (knee length) or long, blouse and covered shoes are appropriate for ladies.
Business casual is a great choice for a job in a corporate office. A jacket or blazer is recommended for both men and women. You should stick to the basic colors of black, navy and beige. Do not be too flashy. Remember, you aren’t interviewing to become a model.
Overall, dress smartly, be neat and presentable. If you get your look right, you will have a great experience at a McDonald’s interview. How do you dress for an interview? Comment below to let us know your thoughts!
- Tractor Supply Dress Code (shorts, Hair, Tattoos, Shoes, Piercings + More)
- Instacart Dress Code (interview, Delivering + More)
- Tim Hortons Dress Code (hats, Shoes, Hair, Tattoos + More)
- Petco Dress Code (hair, Tattoos, Hats + More)
- Tj Maxx Dress Code (all You Need To Know)
- What Is Fogo De Chao’s Dress Code In 2022? (Hats, Bottoms, Business Casual Guide)
- Big Lots Dress Code (Hats, Tattoos, Hair + More)
- Cvs Dress Code (shorts, Jeans, Hoodies, Tattoos, Hair Dye + More)
- Sephora Dress Code (tattoos, Hair, Make-up + More)
- What To Wear To A Starbucks Interview? (barista, Manager + More)