Yes. It seems that you can try to use Apple Pay at Dollar General by downloading the app and inputting your credit card information into the app for payment. And then, you can use it at the checkout counter.
On July 9, 2018, Walmart, Kroger, and others announced a new mobile wallet called Walmart Pay allowing shoppers to pay with their phones at Walmart stores and through the Walmart app. It was later announced that Walmart Pay would soon also be available at 1,700 Kroger, Ralphs, and Fred Meyer locations. It was later announced that the app store will add an Apple Pay option. It is likely to launch on iOS v10.3 or higher.
Does Dollar General Take Apple Pay In 2022?
Unfortunately, Dollar General doesn’t list Apple Pay as one of its payments methods. The company tweeted in July 2020 that some of its stores had been updated to include Apple Pay support, but they later retracted this comment and said there were no plans to introduce Apple Pay into its stores.
If you’re interested in using your phone to pay at Dollar General, here are some ideas!
Does Dollar General Have Any Smartphone Payment Options?
The company offers a mobile app called “DG Go” that allows shoppers to scan in-store items and pay for them through their smartphones.
If you have a DG Go card, you may use it to recharge the card through the POS at the register.
Dollar General is the only U.S. retailer to have a smartphone payment feature, with only a few other retailers like Walmart, Target and Rite-Aid having similar functions.
Also, the only ways to buy products at the company’s website are with a credit card or through the Amazon.com website.
How Do I Pay With My Phone At Dollar General Using DG Go?
1. Make sure you have your phone,
2. Tap on the ‘Shop Now’ button,
3. Tap on the ‘Dollar General App’ from the list, and
4. Tap on the “Pay with phone” button to start the checkout process.
If you are interested in any specific questions, like whether or not Dollar General accepts checks, if Dollar General accepts American Express, or if Dollar General takes coupons, feel free to ask them by leaving a comment.
While the majority of stores don’t currently support Apple Pay, and likely won’t for some time, not all of them do. It is important to know that these major payment apps will eventually be supported by most stores. Most stores do not have their own credit card processing system, and often use a system supplied by the payment processor that handles the transaction processing.
There has been a rise in the popularity of using QR codes over NFC, as the latter is an older technology. In this way, consumers can use a QR code to pay for services, and the business can convert the data of the QR code into a form to transfer payments to the seller’s bank account.
- Does Dollar General Accept American Express? [full Guide]
- Does Dollar General Sell Straight Talk Cards? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Family Dollar Take Apple Pay? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Dollar General Accept Afterpay, Klarna, Zip Pay & Other Buy Now Pay Later Services?
- Does Dollar Tree Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Dollar General Load Cash App, Netspend, Green Dot And Chime Cards?
- Does Dollar General Sell Ethernet Cables? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Dollar General Have Propane Tank Exchange? [guide]
- Does Dollar General Take Ebt & Food Stamps? [eligible Items, How To + More]
- Does Costco Take Apple Pay? (all You Need To Know)