A money order, which is usually only available at certain financial institutions like banks and credit unions, is one of the most secure forms of paper-based money transfers.
They are also available today at your local 7-eleven.
This article will discuss how to access money orders at 7-elevens. You will also learn about the policies, limitations, and requirements for using a 7eleven money order.
Can 711 Place Money Orders?
Can I buy a money order with a credit card?
7-Eleven accepts credit cards to purchase money orders. However, credit card issuers will charge a money order fee as a cash advance. These additional fees will be charged and interest paid, which could put our credit at risk.
Can I buy a money order with a debit card at 711?
You can buy money, western union money orders and MoneyGram with your bank debit card from 7-eleven.
Are 711 Cash Money Orders Acceptable?
7-Eleven doesn’t cash money orders. You can however use them to pay your bills, or for products and services.
You can’t send money orders if you don’t wish to. Although it may seem great for a 7-eleven that they can cash orders, it is not safe.
You could lose your money to a thief, who could cash it before it reaches the recipient. Their policy is to earn their trust.
What is the maximum limit for a money order at 7-Eleven?
According to 7-Eleven, the maximum amount of money that can be ordered in one money order amounts to $500
You can’t get a higher limit for money orders from banks or credit unions.
What is the cost of money orders at 7-Eleven
Each sheet of money ordered from any 7-Eleven branch in the United States will cost you $1.50. You would need to purchase four money orders if you want to send $2,000 in money orders.
A Money Order sheet could cost as much as $1.50. This means that you will pay almost $5 for all money order sheets.
Notice: 7-Eleven money orders can now be ordered for as little as 1 to 3% of the actual money amount.
How to Purchase a 7-Eleven Money Order
These are the steps for placing money orders at 7-eleven.
Step 1: Approach the Counter
Request money orders at the 7-Eleven counter. You will be given a MoneyGram Money order or a Western Union Money order. The amount you want to buy will be paid in cash or by check.
Step 2: Calculate the Amount
You can choose the amount you want to send to your recipients via money orders. You can place up to $500 in your Money Order at a 7-Eleven. Two money orders are required if you wish to send $1000 in money.
Step 3: Pay the fee and get your receipt.
After you have made your decision, the 7-Eleven cashier may ask you to pay 1 or 3 percent of the money that you’ve placed into your money order. This fee will be due after you show your government ID to verify your identity. Your money order will be processed by the cashier and you will receive your receipt.
Notice: Your ID is required if you send money orders exceeding $1000.
Step 4: Order a Postage-Paid Envelope
You might consider sending the money order(s), to the recipient. The postage-paid envelope that is available at 7-Eleven can be used to send the money order(s) to the recipient free of charge.
Maximum money order limit is $1000 This leaves you with just two money 7-eleven money order. If you send $1500, $2000 or more, an additional envelope will be required.
Step 5: Track Your Order
The cashier will process your transaction after you have purchased the money orders and provided all necessary information. You can track your money order at this stage.
What is the time it will take for the money order to reach the recipient?
Money orders can take up to seven business days. You should be able confirm the transaction.
Your money order may be invalid if you are unable to confirm the transfer within 14 business days.
What is the average time it takes to trace a money order (missing or stolen)?
It may take up to 30 business days for you to confirm that your money order was lost or stolen. It may take up to 30 days to find out if your money order transaction was stolen.
Do 7 Eleven Money Order expire?
Money orders can be canceled at any time. Money orders placed by 7-Eleven last for one year.
This means that any money order signed and endorsed on December 1st is void on the 31st of December.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Money Orders?
- Your personal information is not required – Money orders can be done discreetly. You don’t need your personal information to make the transaction. This is why people who steal money orders don’t have any sensitive bank information.
- It is secure – Money orders let you track anyone who spends your money. Money orders are safer than dollar bills or checks.
- A bank account is not required. Money orders are free and will not incur any fees.
- It is great for international money transfers – You can send cash home using 7-eleven if you are abroad. They also accept money orders from overseas. You can send money via MoneyGram and Western Union.
- Low maximum limit – Money orders at 7-eleven are limited to a mere $500. To send a larger amount to the recipient, you will need to purchase multiple money orders.
- Expensive – Money orders can be expensive depending on where the 7-Eleven branch is located.
- Cash or check – 7-11 usually accepts cash or checks. They may accept credit cards payments if the situation is very dire.
- Money orders can become lost. If you don’t send money orders through the correct channels, they can be lost in transit. It is more likely to get lost if you make a purchase online.
Notably, money orders are safer when sent through private delivery companies such as FedEx.
Learn more about 7-Eleven You can check out the related posts to find out if 7-Eleven delivers cigarettes, or how to add cash to your 7-Eleven cash app.
Because money orders are fast and convenient, they are one of most commonly accepted forms of payment.
It’s easy to get one at your local 7 Eleven, as it beats long trips to the bank for an over-the-counter payment.
You should also find it easy to place a money order based on what we have covered.
- How To Add Money To Cash App Card At 7-eleven (Easy!)
- Does Walmart Do Money Orders? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Walgreens Do Money Orders? [full Guide]
- Does 711 Do Cashback? (maximum Amount + More)
- Does 711 Cash Checks? (Yes, But…)
- Does Dollar General Do Money Orders? [all You Need To Know]
- Does 711 Do Money Orders? (minimum Order Amount, Cost + More)
- Does Publix Do Money Orders? (your Full Guide)
- Does Walmart Do Money Orders? [price, Fees, Limits + More]
- Does Cvs Do Money Orders? (price, Limits, Locations + More)