One thing to remember when browsing Amazon’s vast array of products is that not all of them are new or, in the case of some items, still in their original packaging.
If you are confused by the phrase “item will be repackaged”, or something similar, keep reading to find out what it means.
What does Amazon mean by “Repackaged”?
Amazon usually means that the item has been repackaged. Although it does not necessarily indicate that the item is used, it could be. When repackaged, the item is usually considered “Like New”.
You want to know more about Amazon and repackaging Continue reading
Sometimes, Amazon may have a condition description that states that the product has suffered some damage or is no longer in its original packaging.
This is where “repackaged” comes in. Amazon offers repackaged products, which are a little less expensive, so you don’t just throw the item away or leave it unpackaged.
Do you see that little tag that says “Used-Like New” on it? That is the one to look for. Often, the item is in excellent condition but the packaging is damaged. Repackaging is a smart idea if you don’t want the “New” experience.
Although it’s simple, knowing what it means can help you as a loyal Amazon customer. However, you may need a little more information so let’s continue to learn more about repackaging.
What are Amazon Warehouse Deals (Amazon Warehouse Deals)?
These deals give discounts on items that have been returned, damaged, used or refurbished. Each item is in excellent condition and comes at a lower price.
You should always verify the condition of any new items. This is because you don’t trust the product and there may be problems, damages or malfunctions that make it unworth it.
Amazon has 5 listing conditions for items that are used
- Amazon Renewed: This deal is the best because these items have been reviewed and tested by Amazon to ensure they meet or exceed the standards of new products. The “Amazon Renewed Guarantee”, which covers a replacement or refund for any item that doesn’t meet the promised standards, is included.
- Used – Like New : These items are close to new due to their perfect condition, but they might still have minor issues that prevent them being classed as “new”, such as repackaging, scratches, or other small imperfections.
- Used – Very Good: These items are in excellent condition but may have cosmetic damage or other minor alterations.
- Used – Good: If the item is damaged or missing parts but works perfectly, it will be considered “good”.
- Used – Acceptable: This condition is the last one listed. It means that although the item is in unacceptable condition, it still fulfills its purpose.
What does “Open Box” mean on Amazon?
This is often a sign that an item was sent to someone but was not able to reach the destination. The carrier responsible for the package labeled the item undeliverable.
Once this is complete, Amazon staff will inspect the product and open the packaging to confirm that it is safe. If the packaging is not salvageable, they will repackage the product.
Amazon also offers an alternative definition of “open boxes” that includes third-party sellers.
People who are trying to sell a videogame, movie, or other computer software often use this term. The used product is now “open box”, even though it comes with a replacement box.
You want to know more about Amazon? These posts will explain what Amazon Flex is, what Amazon delivered to safe places means, and if Amazon ships to Hawaii.
If you’re on a tight budget, or just want to buy something for curiosity, a repackaged product or one of the Amazon Warehouse Deals is a good option.
You should always verify the condition of any product you purchase, even if it was not in its original packaging.
- What Does Repackaged Mean On Amazon? (your Full Guide)
- What Does Retail Packaging Mean On Amazon? (all You Need To Know)
- What Does ‘renewed’ Mean On Amazon? (what You Need To Know)
- What Are Amazon Warehouse Deals? (this Can Save You Tons)
- What Does Renewed Mean On Amazon? (Everything You Need To Know…)
- Used Acceptable Amazon (what Does It Mean, Is It Any Good + More)
- Best Buy Open Box Return Policy (all You Need To Know)
- What Are Amazon Daily Deals (don’t Miss Out On These Awesome Savings)
- Amazon Warehouse Warranty (do They Have One + More)
- Buying Used On Amazon (must Read Before Buying Used Products)