You’re a book lover? Then you have probably heard of Amazon Kindle. Amazon Kindle literally gives you a whole library.
Regardless of whether you choose the basic Kindle or the portable Paperwhite, a Kindle can hold thousands of your favorite books and allow you to store more in the cloud.
The most common question Kindle users have is whether they can return books that they purchased on Amazon.
Is it possible? Continue reading to find out the answers to this question. Also, learn if Kindle books can be returned at any time.
Is it possible to return Kindle books after purchase?
You can return kindle books. You may click on the “Buy” button next to a Kindle book only to find out later that you have accidentally brought a book into the library. The good news is that Amazon allows you to return Kindle books and receive a full refund. Amazon allows you return Kindle books to receive a full refund.
It is important to remember that a book cannot be returned if it is not returned within seven days of purchase.
You will be given two choices after the expiration of this period: keep the book or remove it from your library. No refunds are possible.
Continue reading to learn more about the return policy for kindle books and how you can return them.
Why can’t I return my Kindle books?
Not all books are eligible to be refunded, as we have already mentioned. If you’re trying to return a Kindle ebook and don’t see the “Return for Refund” option next to it then it is not eligible for a refund. It could be because you request a refund after it is too late. You can delete the book at any time. However, you cannot get a refund unless you request it early enough.
Are Kindle Books Reliable for Life?
You will need to make space for more books by getting rid of the ones you’ve already read. Amazon will ask you to return any book after you reach the ten-book limit before you can continue your download.
Kindle Unlimited lets you access books for $9.99 per month. However, the books will be deleted after three weeks. To sync your account with a new device you just need to access the Kindle app.
How to return a Kindle book immediately after a purchase
You can rectify the situation if you discover that you bought a book accidentally immediately after you purchase it.
- After you make your purchase, a pop-up will be displayed
- Click on “Purchased By Accident?” Cancel your order
This is how simple the process is. Amazon will refund the payment method associated to your account in such cases.
How to return a Kindle book within seven days of purchase
You can return the book within seven days of purchase if you are unable to catch the error or choose to buy the book on the Amazon website.
To return a Kindle book that is eligible, follow the steps below:
- Log in to your Amazon account at Amazon.com
- Click on “Accounts and Lists” to go to the section “Your Content and Devices”.
- Find the book you are looking for in the “Your Content” tab
- To return, click on the three dots in the “Action” column.
- Click “Return for Refund”.
- A pop-up will appear asking you to confirm that you wish to return the money. Click “Return for Refund”.
- Wait for your refund
Remember that Amazon does not offer a return option for books purchased after the seven-day expiration. You will not be able to access the book after you receive your refund.
How long will you wait for your refund?
You now know how to return a Kindle ebook and get a refund. It is natural to wonder when you can expect your money. Amazon takes a few days for a refund to be processed. This is why Amazon insists that customers return their books as soon possible.
Amazon will refund your original payment source. It’s important to review your bank’s policies in the event of delays in your refund.
How to Return a Kindle Book You Borrowed
Kindle Unlimited allows Kindle owners to borrow books from their friends and local libraries. Although anyone can borrow books from their friends, Kindle Unlimited is only available to subscribers.
You must return the book once you’ve finished reading it. You can return a book borrowed to the other person to be read again or loaned to another person. You can also return books to Kindle Unlimited and your local library to get additional books.
No matter where you borrowed your Kindle from, the process for returning it is the same. This process is made possible by the Amazon.com content management software.
These are the steps to follow when returning your items:
- Go to Amazon.com/mycd and click “content”.
- Click on the three dots button next the book title to find the book that you want to return.
- Click on “Return This Book”.
- Select “Yes”
- You can return any books you haven’t read to the library by following the same steps.
Amazon allows returns and refunds when they are allowed
These are the conditions under which a Kindle book can be returned:
- To return a book you have purchased, you can request a refund.
- You can return a Kindle book that you borrowed from Amazon. This reduces your book limit. After you reach this limit, you must return the books to avoid borrowing another.
- You can return a Kindle book you borrowed from your library. A book you borrowed via Kindle eventually expires. You can return the book before it expires, however.
You want to know more about Amazon? These articles will help you learn more about Amazon.
There are some requirements that must be met if you wish to return a Kindle ebook and receive a full refund. You must request reimbursement within seven days of the purchase date.
If you wish to request a refund via Kindle, please do so immediately after purchasing your book. You will need to submit your request via Amazon.com if you do not comply with this requirement.
- Amazon Ebook Return Policy (can You Return Kindle Books, Return Limits, Refunds + More)
- Amazon Kindle Return Policy (used, Opened Box, Damaged + More)
- Amazon Book Rental (how It Works, Returning, Types Of Books, Fees + More)
- Amazon Look Inside (What Is It, How It Works + Other Faqs)
- Amazon Book Return Policy (how It Works, After 30 Days, Damaged Books, Wrong Order + More)
- What Is Audible Narration? (how It Works, Turning On + More)
- What Is Prime Reading? (how To Access, Cost + More)
- How To Send Magazines & Books To Inmates Through Amazon? (step-by-step Process)
- Does Amazon Buy Books & Textbooks? (Try This Instead)
- Walmart Book Return Policy [used Books, No Receipt, Damaged Books + More]