Apple Pay seems to be all the rage nowadays. But, I was curious if the USPS accepts Apple Pay.
This is what we discovered after a thorough investigation.
Is Apple Pay accepted by the USPS?
Apple Pay is accepted by USPS as one of two forms of payment. Click-to-Pay is the second. You have a variety of payment options available for USPS purchases. There are also some payment forms that are not accepted.
This article will discuss how Apple Pay can be used to purchase USPS products and services. Next, we’ll discuss the other payment options available at USPS in-store and online.
How do I find out if I can use Apple Pay at USPS?
Apple Pay’s unique icon is the outline of an apple beside “Pay”. This icon will be displayed at all physical checkouts (instore) and at billing or checkout (online). You won’t be allowed to complete the transaction using Apple Pay if this icon isn’t present.
If the icon appears, you will be prompted to choose Apple Pay online or in-store and to confirm your payment card. You may need to provide shipping information if you are shopping online and it is your first time buying from the company.
Next, confirm your payment according your device. If you are in store, hold your phone near the checkout reader, and wait for the tick to appear on the screen.
USPS recommends that you use either Safari Desktop (v10 and higher) or iOS Safari web browsers to access the Apple Pay option when checking out.
What USPS Tools and Services Accept Apple Pay
The USPS offers a variety of services and platforms, including physical USPS Postal Stores. You can also use Apple Pay to pay for these services:
- The Postal Store (all outlets).
- PO Box Online
- Direct Mail to Every Door
- USPS Package Intercept/USPS Delivery Instructions
- Take-up on Demand
- Tracking Plus for the US
To access many of these services, you will need an online USPS account.
How do I create an Apple Pay account?
Apple devices already come with Apple Pay, so you don’t need to download an application.
You can simply add your debit or credit cards to the Apple Wallet app. Open the Wallet app and tap on Add. Next, select the card type you wish to add. Follow the prompts.
An Apple ID is required to sign in to iCloud. You may also need to verify your information with the bank.
What other payments does the USPS accept?
You can also pay with USPS using traditional methods if you don’t have Apple Pay.
- Visa card (except for money orders and Collect on Delivery)
- Mastercard, Discover and American Express
- If pin is not required, debit cards
- Click to Pay (this option is displayed alongside the Apple Pay option at check-outs).
- PayPal (only available in Postal Stores, Click-N-Ship only)
- Personal and business checks should be made payable to “Postmaster” and must be presented with a valid form of photo identification. Please note that checks cannot be accepted if the amount paid is greater than the exact amount (or the purchase of money orders).
What forms of payment are not accepted by the USPS?
The USPS will not accept certain types of payments. There are also restrictions on payment options. It is important to be aware of these restrictions.
Personal and business checks are acceptable, but you must have acceptable ID. The check must also be written to match the purchase.
Except for Click-N Ship, USPS will not accept PayPal. You’ll need an USPS online account for this and to purchase from the Postal Store.
Apple Pay for USPS Purchases: What are the Problems?
Two ways can you solve Apple payment issues when you are online at USPS. First, you must identify the date and time of the problem.
Contact USPS for assistance if the problem occurs on any page of the payment page, but before you click on the Apple Pay button.
If the problem occurs after you click on Apple Pay (while making payment for the order, or using your personal card), then contact Apple Pay Support.
The USPS cannot assist with personal credit, debit cards, expiry dates, credit limit issues, etc.
Learn more about the USPS You can find out more about the USPS in our related posts. Do they buy back stamps? Does USPS require ID? Is a USPS tracking number fake?
It’s fantastic that the USPS now offers Apple Pay as a payment option. You can now use your Apple device (including watches), to make USPS transactions in-store or online.
There are many other digital and traditional options to make purchases if you don’t own an Apple device.
- Does Amazon Accept Apple Pay? (What To Know..)
- Does Menchie’s Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Del Taco Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Ross Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022)
- Does Wendy’s Take Apple Pay? (Everything You Need To Know)
- Does Trader Joe’s Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does In-n-out Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Arby’s Take Apple Pay? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Family Dollar Take Apple Pay? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Ups Take Apple Pay? (You’ll Be Surprised)