Amazon can have many small problems, and sometimes it can even lead to misunderstandings.
This article might help you if you find yourself in this situation.
Amazon Payments Declined, But Still Shipped
This can happen occasionally. Usually, this is because you used a second card to pay the balance and a gift card. Amazon pre-authorized payment for the second card at the shipping phase, but it did not go through. The package had been shipped incorrectly.
It shouldn’t, however, because Amazon says that:
We will send an email asking you to enter your card details again if you place an order on Amazon. The order will be cancelled if the card is declined again. You will need to place another order if you want to buy the item.
It may show up in your bank statements, but not in your Amazon purchase. Keep an eye out for that.
How does this happen and what can we do about it?
This isn’t a common problem, so customers who face it might decide to keep their product and not speak up. Amazon doesn’t have any official guidelines.
The customer can decide whether they want to return the item, or keep it.
To avoid future problems, most customers will simply update their payment information and purchase the product.
It doesn’t matter if this happens to you. To keep your life in order and avoid other problems, read on.
Is Amazon able to take money out right away?
Amazon will not charge you for using credit or debit cards. However, third-party sellers might charge you when your order is shipped or when you place the order.
Amazon will not charge you immediately if you use credit cards. This is due to strict regulations by the Federal Trade Commission. They wait until your order begins shipping.
Although it is legal to charge shipping before the order ships, Amazon does not allow this.
How do I know if Amazon Payments went through?
Amazon usually sends you an email or a notification confirming that your payment was successful. However, sometimes you might need confirmation or just not been notified.
You can check your balance and account balance by simply going to “Account Balance” or “Account Activity”. This will display the most recent transaction and all information about that transaction, including your account balance.
Follow these steps to request a report to verify your payments and get more information about your orders.
- Click on the Amazon page and click Account & Lists at the top right
- In the “Ordering & Shopping preferences” section, click “Download Order Reports”.
- You can choose a report type. If you select “items”, you will get a general report
- Next, you can choose the date range and request a report.
Once you have done this, you will receive an email with a spreadsheet that allows you to view your orders and any other information.
How to Keep Track of Amazon Pay Payments
It’s easy to ensure that your Amazon payments went smoothly. Just follow these steps.
These steps will help you keep track of your orders with Amazon Pay.
- Log in to Amazon Pay first.
- You can view your Account activity on the My Account page. This will display the most recent transaction and the Merchant, Status, Amount, and Transaction Date.
- Then, to view specific transaction types, click on successful/declined/refunded links on the page.
- Click “Go” to view the transaction.
- You can review the details, such as transaction ID or the method used to pay for the transaction.
You want to know more about Amazon? These posts will explain why Amazon hasn’t shipped in days, if Amazon ships to Hawaii and if it is safe to order food from Amazon.
Amazon is a large company, so there will be occasional problems. Sometimes they are more frequent than others. In this case it is not very common. It is simply a logistical problem where Amazon shipped the product but the card payment didn’t go through in time to notify them.
Remember that people often jump to conclusions too quickly and that Amazon might be taking longer than necessary to charge you. To avoid delays, you can wait to see if Amazon attempts payment again or update your card information.
- Amazon Payment Declined But Still Shipped (meaning + Other Faqs)
- Payment Revision Needed On Amazon (Easy Fix!)
- Do Amazon Gift Cards Expire? (all You Need To Know)
- Amazon Credit Card Not Working (8 Fixes + Other Faqs)
- What Does “this Card Cannot Be Used For This Transaction” Mean At Paypal? (why, Fixes + Faqs)
- Does Amazon Take Mastercard? (all You Need To Know)
- Can You Split Payments On Amazon? (all You Need To Know)
- How To Change Payment Method On Amazon After Purchase? (+ Other Faqs)
- How To See Your Full Credit Card Number On Amazon (all You Need To Know)
- What Is The Amazon Marketplace Charge? (all You Need To Know)