Amazon makes it easy to make a purchase. However, there are sometimes bumps in the road. Thankfully, most problems can be solved easily, even if your payment method is not working.
Don’t panic if you are unable to proceed with your payment because of an error in your payment method. Here’s how to do it!
After purchase, how to change payment method on Amazon
You can change information on Amazon after purchasing an item.
Amazon states that there are two possible scenarios. The first is when you pay unsuccessfully and your order is pending. Amazon allows you to revise your payment to correct, update or change any details. Follow these steps.
- Go to Orders.
- Click on the “Retry Payment Method” button to find your order or product.
- Select the payment method you prefer and click Continue.
Another scenario is that, even though everything goes well with your order you still have the right to modify your payment method information. This is possible as long as your order has not entered shipping.
Here’s how it works:
- Go to Your orders.
- To make any modifications, click on the Order Details link
- Click “Change” and you can edit any of your Amazon orders including shipping address, payment method, or shipping address.
- Follow the steps to modify the information.
Is it possible to remove payment method from Amazon after purchase?
Amazon can’t delete your payment method for active orders. The only way to do this would be cancelling the order and then deleting the payment method associated with it.
You can also manage your payment methods at any time.
- Click on “Your Payments” to go to your account.
- You can choose what you want to do there, including adding payment methods or editing, deleting, and any other details.
- Follow the steps exactly as they’re described, and that’s it!
What are the Accepted Payment Methods For Amazon?
Amazon offers many payment options. Customers can choose to split the payment between a debit or credit card or a gift card. This allows for flexibility and variety during purchase.
These are the payment options for Amazon customers.
- Visa (including Amazon Signature Visa Rewards Card)
- Amazon Store Card
- Amazon Credit Builder
- Mastercard / EuroCard
- Discover Network
- American express
- EBT Snap
- Diner’s Club (only for US billing addresses)
- China UnionPay (credit cards only)
- Visa, Mastercard and American Express gift cards and prepaid cards
What is Amazon Pay?
Amazon Pay allows customers to use their Amazon account payment method to make purchases or donate to third-party merchants.
How do I unregister Amazon Pay later?
You can’t unregister, as that would mean you delete your amazon account. It is more like you cancel your payment authorizations. According to pay.amazon.com this is how it works:
- You first need to go to Amazon Pay. Sign in and you will be able to check your orders.
- Use your Amazon Credentials
- For details about your payment authorization, select “Merchant Agreements”.
- Click Cancel Agreement
- Amazon Pay is complete.
According to pay.amazon.com
You can cancel a payment authorization at any time. Any attempts to charge your payment method using the authorization again will be unsuccessful. Past payments using the payment authorization cannot be cancelled. To request a refund of past charges, please contact your beneficiary.
You want to know more about Amazon? These posts will explain what Amazon Flex is, what Amazon delivered to safe places means, and if Amazon ships to Hawaii.
You can change your payment after an Amazon purchase, but you must remember that this cannot be done after your order has been shipped.
You can also change your payment method details if something goes wrong. Otherwise, they will cancel your order.
You can modify your order details and remove your payment method, but it must be done before shipping. Other than that, you have the right to make any changes to your information as you see fit.
- How To Change Payment Method On Amazon After Purchase? (+ Other Faqs)
- How To Delete Purchase History On Target App (Bad News…)
- Amazon Delivered Cancelled Order (Why This Happens + What To Do)
- How To See Your Full Credit Card Number On Amazon (all You Need To Know)
- Can You Cancel A Paypal Payment? (all You Need To Know)
- How To Cancel Autoship On Chewy? (step-by-step + Other Faqs)
- Can Amazon Take Back A Refund? (Everything To Know!)
- When Does Walmart Charge Your Card For Online Orders? (all You Need To Know)
- If I Cancel Amazon Prime Does It End Immediately? (+ Other Common Faqs)
- How Do I Know If I Have Amazon Prime? (Follow These Steps)