Sometimes, your phone won’t charge, and you’re unsure why. This is a common problem that can happen for a variety of reasons.
If your phone is not charging, try a few things.
First, check the power cord to ensure it’s plugged in and the outlet isn’t damaged.
Next, try plugging it into a different outlet or using another power cord if possible.
If you still can’t get it to charge, try restarting your device by pressing and holding the power button for at least 10 seconds until it shuts down completely.
If none of these work, you may need to replace your charger or battery.
Here are some common reasons your phone may not be charging properly.
Non-Working Lightning Cable
If your phone is not charging and you are using a faulty lightning port, you can try a few things.
1. Plug the charger into another device like your laptop or computer to see if it charges
2. Try plugging the charger into another outlet, like an outlet on your wall
3. Try plugging the charger into an outlet that is further away from where you think it might be faulty
4. If all else fails, contact the manufacturer, and they’ll help troubleshoot the problem for you
Non-Working Micro USB Port
The Micro USB port on your phone is prone to damage if you are not careful. This can lead to a range of issues such as not charging your phone, losing data, and more.
If you are experiencing a problem with your phone not charging, the first thing you should do is try to charge it using a different cable.
If that doesn’t work, the next step would be to check your charger’s power output. If the charger outputs less than 1A of power, it may be faulty and need to be replaced.
If your phone charges only for a few minutes before dying, that indicates that there might be a fault in the port itself. The port may need to be replaced as well.
Dirty or Faulty Micro USB or Lightning Port
Due to a dirty lightning port or a micro USB port, your phone may not charge. If this is the case, you may need to clean the port.
How Do I Clean My Charging Port?
If you’re unsure how to clean your lightning or micro USB port, follow these steps:
1) Turn off your device by pressing and holding the power button for a few seconds.
2) Remove any case from your device and make sure it’s in a safe place where it won’t be damaged.
3) Remove any cables from the port and hold them in one hand while using a toothpick or q-tip with a little bit of rubbing alcohol on it to clean around the port. You can use a small piece of paper towel with some rubbing alcohol on it too.
4) Put all cables back
Non-Working Lightning or Micro USB Port
This is a common problem faced by many people. It charges when your phone is plugged in, but the charging indicator light doesn’t turn on.
The most likely cause of this issue is a faulty Lightning or Micro USB port. If you are experiencing this issue, the first thing you need to do is to check if your phone has a Lightning port or a Micro USB port. If it has both, it’s likely that one of them has failed and needs replacing.
Damaged Charging Cable
Your phone may not charge due to a damaged charging cable. This is because the charging cable has a very thin wire, and any external force can easily damage it. If you find that your phone is not charging, the first thing you should do is check if the wire of the charging cable is still intact.
Many people are using their phones while they are driving, which makes this issue more prominent. If you’re driving and notice that your phone won’t charge, pull over to an area where you can safely stop your car and check if the charger’s wire is still intact.
Damaged Power Adapter
A damaged power adapter can prevent your phone from charging. You can fix the issue by replacing the power adapter.
Incompatible Power Adapter
If your phone is not charging, it could be due to a power adapter that is incompatible with your device. You may need to use a different power adapter or purchase a new one depending on the type of device you have.
If your phone is not charging because of water damage, you can do a few things to fix the issue.
- Try to turn on airplane mode if it’s possible
- Remove the battery and let it dry out for a few minutes
- If none of the above works, try soaking the phone in rice
There will be times your phone may not charge because of software problems with the phone. This could happen if you have an Android operating system and update your operating system to a newer version than what is installed on your device. The solution is to install a more recent update or revert to the old version and reboot your device.
The Best Way to Make Your Battery Power Last Longer
Battery life is a major concern for most people. This is understandable as technology has improved over the years, and we now have more devices to power up.
Some of the common ways people try to increase their battery life are by turning off unnecessary apps, shutting down computers, and turning off Wi-Fi.
While these methods might work for some, other ways can help you conserve battery life in your phone.
- Turn off notifications and background apps.
- Close any apps that aren’t being used often.
- Change the screen brightness setting to be lower than the default setting.
One of the reasons people like to use a smartphone is its features. However, people may also experience frustrations caused by their phone battery life.
If you take good care of your phone, it will be able to be used longer and charge more quickly. You can follow some tips below to ensure a longer phone battery life.
- Will Advance Auto Parts Charge My Battery? (all You Need To Know)
- Why Does My Firestick Keep Restarting?
- Verizon Mifi Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Verizon Fios Tv Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Verizon Landline Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Replace Verizon Battery (how To Do It, Fios + More)
- Will Autozone Charge My Battery? (full Guide)
- Does American Airlines Have Outlets? (all You Need To Know)
- Verizon Cable Box Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)
- Verizon Fios Remote Not Working (list Of Potential Fixes + Faqs)