Shipt makes grocery shopping so much easier. You don’t have to leave the house, find a parking space, or walk along endless aisles carrying a heavy shopping cart. You can order groceries online and have them delivered to your door.
This sounds wonderful, right? Many shoppers might wonder if Shipt is worth the extra money or if brick-and-mortar shopping is still more convenient.
We have outlined all factors that will help you decide if Shipt is worth the cost.
Is Shipt Worth it?
Although Shipt is a good choice for most customers, it’s still up to each individual preference. Shipt is a great option if you value convenience and ease of shopping. Traditional shopping might be better for you if you want to actually see the item before you buy.
Do you ever fantasize about someone else shopping for your groceries while you relax and lounge at home? Shipt is the solution to your dream. Shipt’s concept is appealing by itself. It is essentially a delivery service for groceries.
You simply need to select the grocery items you want and then confirm your order. Next thing you know, your groceries will be delivered by Shipt shopper to your home.
Shipt charges $10 per one-time pass for non members. Members enjoy special rates and perks. Learn more about them below. If you are not a member but decide to use Shipt you can expect to pay $10 more.
Spending the extra $10 for Shipt’s convenience is well worth it. This app is a great way to save time, especially if you’re a working parent or a full-time worker.
Shipt: The Good & The Bad
Shipt isn’t the best delivery service. So what are its pros and cons? Learn more below!
- Convenience – Shipt makes it easy to shop online and have your groceries delivered right to you.
- Easy use – Shipt’s App is easy to use, with clear information for individual products and product categories.
- Same-day delivery available – Order your order and receive it the same day. Select the delivery window that suits you best.
- Diverse product options – There are many product options. You can choose from a variety brands or product types.
- It can be expensive to have delivery fees – $10 per delivery is quite high for grocery shopping.
- Shipt does not work for all stores – Shipt is available to most stores, but there are some that do not. These may be your local small stores.
- Quality of product may vary – Fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as meats, can quickly spoil so quality could vary after delivery.
How does Shipt work?
Shipt works like Uber but for groceries. All of the ordering, tracking and payment functions can be done via the website or app. You will need to create an account on Shipt’s app or website in order to use it. Next, sign up for the delivery service. Browse through the items and then add them to your shopping basket.
The Shipt app can be downloaded to your smartphone.
- Shipt app for IOS
- Shipt app for Android
What Stores can I order from with Shipt?
Fun fact: Shipt is owned and operated by Target. It’s not only available at Target. Shipt has a number of stores and grocery partners across the country. Shipt is likely to be partnered by most local stores, so you can order your household groceries through Shipt.
Shipt has a list of retail partners on their website. You can enter your zip code or location when ordering via the app or on the website. You will see a list of stores and can shop at any one of them.
Only one store can be ordered per order. You cannot order from Target and H Mart simultaneously in one purchase.
Shipt has memberships
Shipt has a membership subscription program. Shipt used to only allow members to use its services, but now they are open to all. It is worth considering joining Shipt if you plan to use it frequently over the long-term.
These are the benefits of joining:
- Orders above $35 qualify for free delivery
- Unlimited deliveries
- $7 Flat-rate Delivery Fee for Orders Below $35 ($10 for a One-Time Delivery Pass)
There are several membership options available.
Your needs will dictate which option you choose. The Shipt pass and Monthly Shipt Membership are great options for those who want to try out Shipt membership before you commit. You can cancel your membership at any time, except for one-time passes or pass bundles.
Consider which membership is best for you and then give it a shot!
Shipt is worth the investment if you intend to use their grocery delivery service often. Shipt is expensive and can be costly for occasional use. However, doing your own grocery shopping might prove to be cheaper in the long-term. Shipt charges $10 for one-time delivery.
Membership subscriptions are fair deals, with the annual membership starting at $99 and the monthly at $10.99. Free delivery on orders above $35 is a major perk. If you’re buying for a whole household, the majority of your orders will exceed $35. The membership subscription is a wise investment.
It all depends on you whether Shipt is worth the cost. Consider your grocery spending habits and decide if Shipt makes sense. What have you thought about Shipt? What are your thoughts about Shipt? Comment below to let us know your thoughts!
- Does Shipt Have A Membership Fee? (Everything To Know!)
- Does Shipt Accept Ebt? (all You Need To Know)
- Shipt Pickup (How Does It Work & How To Order!)
- Does Shipt Deliver Alcohol? (From Target, States + Other Faqs)
- Can Shipt Deliver Alcohol? (Everything To Know!)
- Do I Have To Wear My Shipt Shirt? (What To Know!)
- Does Meijer Deliver Groceries? (all You Need To Know)
- Why Can’t I Withdraw From Shipt? (& How To Fix It!)
- How Much Money Do Shipt Shoppers Make? (Updated!)
- Can Shipt Pick Up Prescriptions? (What To Know!)