Some people find it difficult to distinguish between supermarkets and grocery stores.
Although you might think it is important to find the right product in a store or department, the US uses rewards, cash back and other options to help customers save money on their next purchase.
You’ve reached the right place if you want to know if Aldi can be considered a supermarket by American Express.
Is Aldi a Supermarket?
Aldi is a Supermarket. Aldi is a supermarket due to the large variety of products it offers. A more specialized store would not be considered a supermarket.
Aldi is also included in American Express’s list of supermarkets that will accept their cards and earn rewards.
Continue reading to learn more about Amex Rewards, how to obtain them, and other related topics.
What is the Best Amex Card to Use for Grocery Shopping Shopping?
The Blue Cash Preferred Card offers 6% cashback at supermarkets up to $6000 annually. Additionally, you will receive 6% cashback for streaming services and 3% cashback at gas stations, taxis and buses.
After spending $3000 in the first six months, you’ll receive a $300 credit.
Amex Supermarket Complete Listing
You can find the complete list of supermarkets below. This will help you to plan your next grocery trip and give you some rewards.
- Harris Teeter
- Kings Food Markets
- Kroger (but Fred Meyer is not)
- Smart & Final
- Stop & Shop
- Trader Joe’s
- Whole Foods
What stores count as Grocery Amex outlets?
American Express defines a supermarket as a store that sells food, household goods, and other products. You can earn rewards at these stores.
You must ensure that the supermarket is located in the United States to receive these benefits.
What stores don’t count as Grocery Amex
American Express will not include any store that isn’t considered a supermarket in its list. These include:
- Superstores such as Target, Walmart, and Amazon (also known as hypermarkets).
- Warehouse clubs such as BJ’s Club.
- 7Eleven is a convenience store.
- Meal delivery services like Hello Fresh
- Specialty shops such as cheese shops, liquors, and bakeries.
What other stores are included in Amex Rewards
Rewards can be earned at a variety of stores, from gas stations to restaurants.
Additionally, you can earn rewards for streaming service subscriptions such as Amazon Prime Video, Disney+ and Netflix.
What are some other ways to save money according to Amex?
You can save money by using your American Express card to earn rewards, but there are other ways you can save even more.
American Express suggests a few items that can make grocery shopping easier on your wallet. Let’s take a look at some of these tips.
It is easy to get carried away with shopping and end up buying a lot more than you planned. That’s why it is important to make a list before you go to the supermarket to ensure that you have control over what you spend and what you need.
You should always try to find the best deal. This includes purchasing products from different brands, bulk buying, and double-checking products that you have in order to get the best value for your money.
You will receive a certain amount of points depending on which company you work for. These points can be used to purchase groceries, liquor or airline tickets.
Learn more about Aldi. You can find out more about Aldi Pickup by visiting our related posts.
American Express Cardmembers will want to take advantage of the benefits of your card at these supermarkets, such as Aldi.
You will be able to earn rewards and save money on big purchases.
You should know where you can shop for groceries, gas stations, restaurants, or drugstores. This will ensure that your next purchase doesn’t leave you feeling guilty but rewarding!
- Does Tesco Accept Amex? [all You Need To Know!]
- Does Albertsons Take American Express? (all You Need To Know)
- Is Walmart Considered A Grocery Store For Credit Cards? (full Guide)
- How To Use American Express Gift Card On Amazon (Easy!)
- Does Trader Joe’s Accept American Express? (Everything To Know!)
- Does Home Depot Accept American Express? (your Complete Guide)
- Does Lowe’s Accept American Express? (your Complete Guide)
- Does Meijer Take American Express? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Aldi Require A Membership? (What To Know!)
- Does Aldi Take Credit Cards? (types Of Cards + Other Faqs)