Amazon has spent 30 years improving their delivery services and business model. Amazon is well-known for delivering orders quickly and reliably. It is possible for Amazon items to take up to a few days to arrive.
It is important that customers are aware of the shipping process and how Amazon estimates delivery times. This article will provide information about Amazon’s fulfillment process and how long it takes to receive most packages.
What is the average time it takes for Amazon to ship?
Amazon Customer Service states that delivery estimates can be calculated by adding the estimated transit times to the shipping date. Amazon usually ships within 24 hours after receiving an order. The estimated transit time will vary depending on the shipping option you choose at checkout.
When you select a shipping option, the estimated transit time should be displayed on each item.
All times are listed in business days. Transit time estimates do not include Saturday or Sunday. If there are supply problems at the warehouse or your shipping information is incorrectly filled out, delays can occur in shipping the item.
Amazon Prime members also get free two-day shipping. Some items may not be eligible for free 2-day shipping. We’ll talk more about this later in the article.
The shipping time for items ordered from third-party sellers on Amazon will vary. While some sellers ship items quickly to customers, others can take longer to fulfill orders. Amazon fulfillment can be chosen by seller accounts. This will allow for faster shipping and delivery.
Important to note that Amazon cannot guarantee the delivery times of international orders and orders shipped from outside the US. Unexpected delays in service can occur due to adverse weather conditions, natural catastrophes or other unforeseen circumstances.
A higher quantity of an item could also render the shipment unsuitable for immediate shipping because of availability.
What is the average time it takes for Amazon to ship Prime items?
Amazon Prime members get a variety of shipping benefits. Amazon Prime offers many options to expedite your delivery. These benefits apply to addresses within the continental US:
- One-day Shipping Free
- Free 2-Day Shipping
- Same-day Delivery
- Saturday Shipping
- Amazon Day Delivery Free
- No-Rush Shipping
- Free Standard Shipping
- Delivery of your Release-Date Free
Some items may not be eligible for all shipping options. Other options may cost more depending on what you order. Shipping large or unusually shaped items will usually cost more. These items may not be eligible for free shipping.
Amazon Prime members from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico have several options. These shipment options have different prices depending on the item’s weight and size. Prices start at $5.99 for expedited shipping and $11.99 for priority shipping.
- Shipping Free of Charge (3-7 Business Days)
- Expedited Shipping (2-5 business days)
- Priority Shipping (1-4 Business Days)
Unfortunately, expedited shipping is currently not available to addresses in Puerto Rico. You can check the item page to see if an item qualifies for Amazon Prime shipping.
Transit times can still vary depending upon where you live and which shipping service you choose at checkout. Amazon recommends that you wait two days after the estimated delivery date to report a package lost or stolen. You may check with your neighbors if your package has not been delivered yet.
A number of items are not eligible for Prime Shipping. These items include, but are not limited:
- Amazon Marketplace sellers sell items that aren’t eligible for Prime Delivery.
- Magazine Subscriptions
- Gift cards personalized
- Any item not listed on the item page as eligible for Prime Delivery
- Addresses in US territories, possessions and protectorates (other then Puerto Rico)
- International destinations
- Items that are scheduled for delivery
Amazon Order/Shipping Timeline
Amazon’s shipping process is very transparent and straightforward. Once you have made your purchase, you can choose the shipping method you prefer at checkout. The shipping time and estimated transit times are used to calculate the estimated delivery time. This will depend on where you live.
Feedvisor.com says the timeline is as follows:
- The buyer places an order.
- Amazon Payments handles the order.
- Amazon Payments holds the order (to allow cancellation if needed).
- Amazon Payments validates the order.
- If payment is successful the item will be shipped either by Amazon as per the shipping option chosen at checkout or to the third-party seller. The shipping information and status of your order will be notified to you.
- The seller will then process the order and ship the items.
- The buyer is notified and the item is shipped to them.
- If a buyer purchased from a third-party seller, they are encouraged to leave feedback.
Why is Amazon taking so long to ship?
Amazon orders may take longer than expected to ship or deliver due to a variety of reasons. Most common is availability issues. Some items might not be available at your nearest fulfillment center in some regions. This could make them ineligible to receive certain shipping options. Weather, natural disasters or unforeseeable events are all common causes of delayed shipping.
The seller is responsible for shipping the items purchased from third-party sellers. Sellers may ship quicker than others. Buyers are encouraged to leave feedback when they purchase items from third-party sellers.
You want to know more about Amazon? These posts will explain what Amazon Flex is, what Amazon delivered to safe places means, and if Amazon ships to Hawaii.
Amazon Prime packages usually ship within 24 hours after an order is placed. Other packages, particularly those ordered from third parties, may take longer depending upon their estimated delivery date.
Amazon is efficient at shipping and delivering packages, but sometimes they face logistical delays due to weather or unforeseen circumstances. These circumstances cannot be predicted and may cause your package take longer to ship than you expected.
Feel free to post any concerns or questions in the comments section.
- How Long Does Amazon Take To Ship? (with Prime, Without Prime + Other Faqs)
- Does Amazon Ship To Hawaii? (price, How Long It Takes, Distribution + More)
- Amazon Says Arriving Today But Not Out For Delivery (meaning + Other Faqs)
- Does Amazon Deliver To Puerto Rico? (What To Know!)
- Do Amazon Packages Come Early? (What We Know…)
- When Does Amazon Charge You? (Everything From Prime To Pre-orders!)
- Does Amazon Offer Overnight Shipping? (all You Need To Know)
- Amazon Order Not Shipping (why Is It Not Shipping, Contacting Amazon + More)
- ‘Not Yet Shipped’ Amazon: What Does It Mean? (Everything To Know…)
- Does Amazon Deliver To Po Boxes? (Everything You Need To Know!)