I have always preferred to pick up my prescription at CVS. The CVS drive-thru seemed much easier so I decided to give it a shot.
How does CVS drive pharmacy work?
What is the CVS Drive-Thru Pharmacy Process?
CVS Express, also known as CVS Drive-Thru Pharmacy (or CVS Express), is a curbside delivery service that operates through the CVS app. The service was first introduced in the United States in 2016, and slowly expanded to all CVS physical shops with easy vehicle access.
This article will discuss the CVS drive-thru pharmacy service. It explains what it is and how it works.
What can you get at the CVS Drive Thru Pharmacy
CVS drive-thru pharmacies may not have all the products you would find in store. You may also need to go through a separate drive-thru window to get prescription medication. You can still expect to find almost all your daily necessities at the drive-thru.
- Pain relief
- Allergy relief
- Skin care
- Sun care
- Cold relief
- Flu relief
- Digestive Care
- Choose from a selection of health products
- Choose from these grocery items
- Medical supplies
- Paper goods and first aid
CVS warns that stock availability can vary between stores and fluctuate. Even if stock online appears to be available, it may not be true when you visit the store. It is best to call ahead if the item is urgent.
You should also remember that not all medications can be purchased at a drive-thru pharmacy. This is because medications come with high levels of customer service/health advice that are not offered through drive-thru services.
What do I need at the CVS Drive-Thru Pharmacy?
You will need to locate the service window before you can enter a CVS drive-thru. You will be asked to provide some personal information as the first thing.
These will be required if you want to pick up prescriptions or refills. There are certain prescriptions, and some circumstances, where the pharmacist may require your presence in-store.
You can only confirm availability at the CVS drive-thru window if you are shopping for everyday pharmacy products. At the drive-thru window, you will be subject to the same restrictions as for instore items regarding availability and quantity.
There will be a wait time. Customers may be asked to park their vehicle while they wait for orders to be processed. This allows other customers to be served.
Payment and receipt of the pharmacy goods will complete the purchase transaction.
When does the CVS Drive-Thru Pharmacy close?
There are many differences between CVS pharmacies, and drive-thru services. The CVS store locator is the best way to check if your pharmacy is open.
You can find the CVS pharmacy store locator to get up-to-date information about the following:
- These stores are open 24 hours
- These stores have passport photo labs
- General available services
- General operating hours
- Covid 19 Testing Locations
- Check availability and hours by driving
Is Sudafed available at the CVS Drive Thru Pharmacy
Sudafed is a temporary decongestant that can be used to relieve stuffy nasal and sinus pressure. It contains pseudoephedrine. Sudafed can cause side effects and other health problems so it’s not available as a drive-thru item.
Pseudephedrine products, such as Sudafed, can be purchased in-store from pharmacies. You can either take the tablets or the liquid. Sudafed medication is often kept behind pharmacy counters. There are limitations on the amount you can buy at one time.
Side effects include:
- A heart that beats irregularly
- Dry mouth
- An increase in blood pressure
- Feeling nervous, anxious, or shaky
These are some of the health risks associated with:
- Allergy reactions
- Blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Thyroid (overactive)
- Prostate enlargement
- Kidney or liver problems
My CVS prescription can be picked up by family members
CVS offers a variety of options for customers to obtain their prescription medication. Customers can access their health care as quickly and easily as possible through CVS.
- Pharmacy pick-up: CVS recommends that you pick up your medication at any CVS Pharmacy. If they can provide a valid government photo ID, family members may pick up their prescriptions. The original prescription is required (not a duplicate).
- Home delivery: CVS Specialty members can also avail a free home delivery service.
- Vacation Care: You can arrange delivery to any CVS pharmacy for medication while you are away on vacation.
You want to know more about CVS? These posts will help you find out if CVS can print documents, if CVS has film development capabilities, and if CVS takes passport photos.
To maximize customer satisfaction and ease of use, CVS Pharmacy drive-thru services were created.
Services were further developed to meet safety and distancing standards during the Covid 19 pandemic. CVS pharmacies may not offer drive-thru service at all locations. It is best to verify before you go.
- How To Transfer Prescription From Walgreens To Cvs? (easy!)
- Does Cvs Fill Pet Prescriptions? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Walmart Deliver Prescriptions? (all You Need To Know)
- How Long Will Cvs Hold A Prescription? (full Guide)
- How Long Does Target Pharmacy Keep A Prescription? (Updated 2022!)
- Does Meijer Deliver Prescriptions? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Kroger’s Pharmacy Accept Medicaid? (your Full Guide)
- How Long Does Walmart Pharmacy Hold Prescriptions? (guide)
- Does Rite Aid Fill Pet Prescriptions? (full Guide)
- Walmart Pharmacy Hours (your Complete Guide)