There are CVS stores almost everywhere. It is easy to simply walk into a CVS anytime you want and get your essentials, without waiting in long lines at Walmart or other stores.
I needed stamps the other day and wondered if CVS had stamps. This is what we discovered…
Is CVS able to sell stamps?
CVS Health Corporation is primarily an online pharmacy and health care chain. However, they also sell postage stamps. CVS states that they provide “face-to-face, at home, and virtual care” and that their services are “designed to meet customers’ needs at every stage of the process.”
They sell postage stamps and a variety of everyday personal care products at their 9000 retail outlets.
This article will discuss the availability of stamps through CVS Healthcare Corporation and pharmacies, including where they can be found, how to purchase them and what their cost.
Are You Looking for Stamps at CVS?
CVS has postage stamps available at the counter. You will need to ask for them, they won’t be available on the shelves.
CVS stamps are purchased in books. Customers will not be able to buy them in books. CVS cannot sell stamps individually. Shoppers recommend calling ahead to confirm availability of stamp supplies. Because stamps can run out at any moment, and local CVS might be short of supplies, it is important to call ahead.
You can’t purchase stamps online from CVS. You can only purchase stamps from CVS in-store.
You must ask for them: the stamps are not on shelves or available at self-checkout machines. They are always in sheets of 20 stamps and booklets.
What Are Stamps at CVS Worth?
CVS sells 20 stamp sheets or booklets for $10 each. Although you can purchase as many sheets or booklets as you like, you will not be able buy them individually. Visit your local post office to get one or two stamps.
Most CVS do not mark up stamps that they receive from USPS. They must be able to break up a sheet and sell only a few stamps. Otherwise, they will be in serious financial trouble. They sell them in books.
The USPS Forever stamps are not worthless and don’t expire. You can use them with no problem later. A sheet of 20 Forever stamps costs $10, which is slightly less than the 55c per stamp.
What type of stamps can you buy at CVS?
CVS sells the first class Forever Stamps in sheets or books of 20. They are often not marked up over the original USPS price.
Although the design of the stamps remains the same, there is one change at Christmas. One Forever first stamp is sufficient to send a standard 1-ounce letter.
Can ExtraCare be used to buy postage stamps at CVS
ExtraCare members have access to CVS for personalized, personalized offers, savings, and rewards on almost everything they purchase. You can use your points to purchase almost any item in the store. There are however some limitations.
You cannot use reward points to purchase postage stamps, for example. There are also exclusions to the use of reward point:
- Prepaid gift cards
- CVS gift cards
- Money orders
What other places can I buy stamps, besides CVS?
There are many places where you can purchase stamps online or in-store, in various quantities and at different prices. The following outlets sell stamps:
- Amazon allows you to order stamps online
- United States Postal Service (USPS), they sell stamps of varying denominations and can be purchased individually
- Walgreen, CVS and Rite Aid are all pharmacy chains.
- Banks – But only the busiest and largest branches (best to verify first).
- Walmart Supercenter Stores – Available in Books or Singles
- Gas Stations – Again, not all stations will have stamps at all times
- Staples is an American office retailer that specializes in office supplies, including stamps.
- Walgreens – Available in books and singly
- Costco – Available in 100 Stamp Books Only
- UPS stores
What else does CVS sell?
CVS offers a wide variety of products and health services. The range continues to grow. What can customers expect?
- Prescription drugs
- Drugs and other medications that are not available over the counter
- Cosmetics and beauty products
- Services for film and photo finishing
- Seasonal merchandise
- Greeting cards
- Convenience foods, snacks and groceries, including Gold Emblem Abound, a brand of healthy snacks and grocery essentials that are free from artificial flavors and preservatives
- There are many wellness products available
- There are many electronic gift cards available
- CVS pharmacy gift card – can be used in any CVS pharmacy store, regardless of where it is located
- There are a growing number of home care products and tools that designers offer, including comfort grip canes and easy-folding travel walkers, convertible shower chairs, and comfort commodes.
- Counselling, drug management, pharmacy advice and diabetes care are all available.
CVS no longer sells tobacco products. CVS decided to discontinue selling tobacco products in 2014 as part of its pursuit of healthier living. This made CVS the first major drugstore in America to cease selling tobacco.
CVS also pulled all sunscreens below 15 SPF from its shelves in 2016. In 2017, they followed suit with the removal of oxybenzone, octinoxate and all sunscreens under 50 SPF from CVS’s health brands.
You want to know more about CVS? These posts will help you find out if CVS can print documents and if CVS takes passport photos.
CVS Health Company has expanded its retail and health services to include postage stamps.
These can be purchased at CVS pharmacy front counters for $10 each in 20-page booklets.
Stamps can’t be purchased individually and they can’t be bought online. CVS is a good place to get stamps. They have many locations with extended opening hours, including 24 hour hours, and are open every day of week.