Autozone does not provide oil-changing services in any of its service centers. However, they provide a variety of resources to help customers do it themselves.
Getting an oil change is something that is mandatory maintenance for your vehicle. Learning to complete an oil change yourself is something that can help you save time and money.
Now that you know AutoZone does not do oil changes, learn how to find a way to get your oil changed easily.
What Resources Does AutoZone Provide?
Autozone is one of the biggest car parts and accessory suppliers that provides the best parts, customer service, and prices to help their customers.
They offer a variety of services, however, not oil changes. To compensate for this they have good resources on their website to direct customers on how to complete an oil change themselves.
- A detailed landing page with video instructions on how to change your oil.
- A checklist of the required tools and supplies.
- It sells oil that you can use to change your oil yourself.
- You can also go and talk to one of their agents and they will guide you through the process.
- If you contact Autozone’s customer service they will refer you to a nearby oil changing station based on your zip code.
So you see even though Autozone does not offer oil changing services they give you pretty much everything you need so you can either do it yourself or find someone to do it for you.
How Long Can you Go Without Changing Your Oil?
An average car can run well without the need for changing oil from 5000 to 7000 miles. At the same time, if you use your vehicle to speed race frequently then you should change the oil more regularly.
But for a normal vehicle, the car manufacturing companies recommend you do it every 4 to 6 months.
What Happens if You Don’t Change Your Oil?
You can go without changing oil for 4 to 6 months but if you skip it for more time then this can cause a lot of harm to your car.
For starters, the engine and other parts will become hot. After this, any of these things can happen to your engine, alone or together:
- Engines run less effectively and consume more fuel.
- The parts of the engines may warp and wear out.
- Worst case, the engine will stop working and require replacement.
Therefore, if you love your vehicle and want it to live a long life then don’t miss out on its oil-changing sessions.
Can You Change the Oil Yourself?
Yes, you can change oil by yourself if you are technical. You can easily follow tutorials available on Autozone’s website or watch a YouTube video.
However, changing oil by yourself can be risky if you are not informed on how to do it correctly. Some even think it won’t help you save money because you will still need to buy the supplies and tools to do it.
If you are confident that you can do it yourself then go ahead and fix that thing but if you are scared and love your car so much then don’t do anything to hurt it.
Go to a nearby station and let the professionals do it for you.
Okay, but how would you find a nearby car station? We will come to this later.
How Long Does it Take to Change the Oil?
Changing oil isn’t as time-consuming as it sounds. If you went to a place to change the oil then it would take from 15 to 60 minutes depending on how much work needs to be done.
If you decide to attempt the oil change yourself after watching tutorials then it would take you 1 to 2 hours, until you get the hang of it.
Obviously, having someone from the car repairing center do it will take less time as they are professionals.
Where Can You Get Your Oil Changed Easily?
There are many ways to find where you can get your oil changed easily. Below are some of the most popular ones.
- Ask the Autozone customer service agents and they will direct you to a nearby place based on your area’s zip code.
- Walmart also offers oil-changing services. Their plans start at reasonable prices.
- You can find some of the popular agencies that provide car repair services such as AAMCO, CarMax, Express Oil Change & Tire Engineers, Goodyear, and more. All you need to do is to search if they are available in your location. If so, then go to the centers, ask for prices and services, compare them and choose the right one.
- And you can always use Google to find more places that offer oil-changing services.
How Much Does an Oil Change Cost?
The amount for an oil change may vary from $20 to $75 depending on the place you went and the services you ordered. On average, an oil change will cost you $30.
Here’s a list of the popular locations price’s
- Walmart services begin at $19.85 then go higher with addons.
- AAMCO ranges from $30 to $90.
- CarMax begins from $40.
- Goodyear services begin from $23.
Although Autozone does not offer oil changing services they provide various resources on their website to either help you find the right place to get your car’s oil changed or teach you how to do it yourself.
Doing it yourself is definitely an option if you know how to fix cars. But if you don’t know anything about cars then you should leave it to the pros.
You know where to find the right place to get your car’s oil changed. So what are you waiting for? When was the last time you changed your car’s oil? If it’s been a while then go to a store and give your car the attention it deserves.
- Does Autozone Do Oil Changes? (try This Instead)
- Does Autozone Change Tires? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Install Wiper Blades? (your Full Guide)
- Does Autozone Replace Headlights? (All You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Turn Rotors? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Fix Flat Tires? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Change Spark Plugs? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Buy Car Parts? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Autozone Price Match? (Yes, But With These 5 Conditions)
- Does Autozone Tint Windows? (your Full Guide)