Coupons have been around for years, and they continue to help people save money on their purchases. According to a recent study, approximately 96% of Americans use coupons in some way or another. Retailers are more than happy to accept any legal coupons, and coupon use trends indicate that this is not going to change anytime soon.
Below we provide a list of popular sources of coupons and explain why each of these methods is worth using for those looking to save on their shopping.
Newspaper/ Mailer Coupons
Many retailers offer coupons in newspapers or mailers that consumers often discard. These coupons, also known as clipped coupons, are an excellent source of savings, as they can offer discounts up to 50%. Before throwing away junk mails, it’s worth checking for coupons to ensure that you don’t miss out on any savings.
Many stores place coupons in the store that customers can use when making purchases. These discounts are often on popular items or new product releases and can range anywhere from 10% to 30%. It’s worth checking with store clerks or online whether the store has any in-store discounts or promotional offers.
With the increasing role of technology in our lives, many stores now offer mobile coupons. Retailers use mobile couponing to encourage customers to use smartphone applications to access coupons in real-time. When shoppers arrive at the store and open the app, they can easily find coupons they can use. This type of coupon helps businesses acquire a more diverse customer base, and customers can save up to 20% on purchases.
Online couponing has become increasingly popular as consumers continue to shop more online than ever before. Coupon websites offer a variety of coupons and promotional discounts that customers can access from the comfort of their own homes. Customers can score discounts ranging from 10% to 50% on various items, from clothing to electronics.
Here are 10 of the more popular online coupon providers:
- RetailMeNot – RetailMeNot is one of the best online coupon sites that you can use to get discounts on almost everything from household items to luxury cosmetics. The site provides a wide range of coupon codes, printable coupons, and cashback deals from various retailers and stores.
- Coupons.com – Coupons.com offers one of the most extensive selections of digital coupons and promo codes. You can also get printable coupons that you can use in-store, along with cashback offers, and direct links to online retailers.
- Honey – Honey is a browser extension that you can download and install on your browser to find and apply the best discount codes at checkout, automatically. It works on almost all major browsers and helps you save money on a wide range of products.
- Rakuten – Rakuten (formerly known as Ebates) is a site that lets you earn cashback on your online purchases from over 2,500 retailers. You can not only save money with coupons and discounts but also earn cashback rewards that can be redeemed for gift cards to various stores.
- Groupon – Groupon offers daily deals and discounts on restaurants, activities, and services in your local area. You can save up to 70% off on various deals, which can also be gifted to friends and family.
- Slickdeals – Slickdeals is a community-driven deal site where members share their product deals and coupon codes. The site aggregates the best deals and offers and displays them on its website, which you can browse through and find the best coupons.
- Brad’s Deals – Brad’s Deals provides coupon codes, online deals, and printable coupons from various retailers. You can also sign up for its newsletter to get daily emails featuring the latest deals.
- Hip2Save – Hip2Save is a site that provides free coupon matchups, promo codes, and weekly deals to help you save money on your online and offline shopping.
- Coupon Cabin – Coupon Cabin offers cashback, online codes, and printable coupons from various retailers. You can also browse through its deals section, where you can find the latest savings on various products.
- Savings.com – Savings.com provides an extensive range of coupon codes, deals, and cashback offers for its users. You can also sign up for its newsletter to get weekly updates on the latest deals and discounts.
Loyalty programs reward repeat customers for their patronage by offering discounts or points-based rewards. Participants earn cashback every time they shop, and this cashback can be used to purchase more products from the store. This approach is an excellent way for businesses to retain their customers, and consumers can access even more savings by joining the program.
In conclusion, coupons are an excellent way to save money when shopping, and there’s no reason not to try them out. Regardless of where you shop, there’s a possibility that you might come across a coupon. This blog post has highlighted five common sources of coupons, including mobile coupons, loyalty rewards, and online coupons. Be sure to check out the retailer’s policy on coupons. For example, Walmart has certain policies that you’ll need to know about before attempting to use coupons at any of its many locations.
Utilizing these sources could even help you save hundreds of dollars annually. Remember to always read the terms and conditions of the coupons, stick to your budget, and avoid making unnecessary purchases even if the coupons are too good to pass up. The next time you go shopping, don’t forget to look for coupons!
- What Is Clip And Save Amazon (how It Works + Other Common Faqs)
- Does Amazon Take Coupons? (Everything You Need To Know…)
- Does Amazon Take Coupons (codes, Manufacturers, Competitor + More)
- Does Tj Maxx Have Coupon Codes? (full Guide)
- Does Target Accept Expired Coupons? (Must-know!)
- Shop, Click, Save: The Ultimate Guide to Online Bargains
- How To Extreme Coupon At Walmart (9 Different Methods)
- Does Hobby Lobby Have Coupons? (All You Need To Know)
- Does Target Have Senior Discounts? (+ Other Ways To Save!)
- Does Sam’s Club Have A Teacher Discount? (Full Guide)