Harry Potter was one of the most popular films of its time. This is a franchise that caught the attention of fans from their movie to the Harry Potter novel series.
Up to date, Harry Potter is still a big part of the cinematic society, and they have millions of fans.
A big part of Harry Potter is magic and potions, which mostly contain valerian sprigs. There is, however, one potion that does not have valerian sprigs. Let us look deeper into the series and find out what it is;
What Potions Does Not Contain Valerian Sprigs
The answer is the Polyjuice potion. This is a complicated spell that requires between 60 and 80 seconds to brew for the first part and 1080 to 1440 minutes for the second part.
Its ingredients include lacewing flies, the horn of a bicorn, a part of the other person’s body, and the skin of Boomslang. The resulting potion has the power to turn the one who drinks it into somebody else.
How To Brew Polyjuice Potion
The Polyjuice Potion is a complicated potion to brew, and it is reserved for the most skilled wizards. It is made in two parts that have four steps each.
It needs a lot of time, nearly 90 hours, and it changes your appearance to that of any other person for between 10 minutes and 12 hours, depending on how well you brewed it. Here is a detailed guide on making Polyjuice potion;
- Select a Cauldron that you will use to brew; remember that different Cauldrons brew at different speeds thus they should be carefully selected.
- In the next window, you will need to select the ingredients for the spell. You can always get any ingredients on Diagon Alley using the Galleons you collect in the game. Pick those you need, then click on continue.
- Put the fluxweed in the cauldron, and then add knotgrass in it. You can tell them apart since fluxweed is lighter green compared to knotgrass.
- Stir the potion clockwise three times; ensure that the Pottermore counts correctly because the potion won’t work if you get this part wrong.
- Pick up the wand and swish a flick over the cauldron. At this point, part 1 of the process is brewing, and you can wait for 60 minutes for the potion to brew. You can use the time to browse other potions and gather ingredients for them.
- When it is ready, add leeches to the pot.
- Place lacewing flies to your mortar. They are tricky to handle, so you have to be careful when moving them.
- Crush the lacewing flies into a fine powder. Crush them until the bar turns green to know they are ready.
- When this is done, add 2 units of the flies to the cauldron and heat it gently. Make sure the temperature alternates between blue and orange to avoid excess or insufficient heat.
- When the timer is done, wave your wand over the cauldron once more. The smoke from the pot should be blue now. This is the end of part one of brewing the Polyjuice potion.
After completion of part 1, you will have a potion bottle in your trunk. Make sure you keep it safe since it is vital for part 2.
- Select a cauldron; the copper cauldron is best since it takes the least time.
- Add 3 units of Boomslang skin into your pot or cauldron.
- Add one unit of the bicorn horn to your mortar and crush it to a smooth powder. Keep grinding until the bar turns green.
- Add the crushed bicorn horn to the mixture in the cauldron and heat it at a high temperature for 20 seconds.
- Wave the wand and leave the mixture to brew for 18 hours.
- After brewing, add a scoop of lacewing to the potion in the cauldron and stir anticlockwise three times.
- Add the hair or any other body part of the target you want to turn into and wave the wand once to finish the potion.
The Most Powerful Potions
Potions are a big part of the Harry Potter universe, and there are potions for almost everything. The problem with potions is that they are challenging to make, and they need specific timing, ingredients, and temperatures.
What everyone wonders is what the most potent potions in the Harry Potter world are? Let us analyze the various options to get an answer;
1. Elixir of Life
Nicholas created this potion from the philosopher’s stone, and it extends the user’s life. A potion that can make someone live longer is potent and uses a lot of magic. Nicholas and his wife used the potion, and they lived for over 600 years.
2. Gregory’s Unctuous Unction
This concoction was a smoky green potion invented by Gregory in the 12th century. It causes the drinker to believe that the giver is their best friend. It can change allegiances in an instance; thus, it is a mighty potion.
Amortentia is a step-up of Gregory’s unctuous unction. It smells different to people depending on what they like. It is the most potent love potion globally, and the drinker will get madly infatuated with the giver.
3. Polyjuice potion
This is one of the most complicated potions, and it allows the drinker to morph into the appearance of another person. You need a body part of the person you want to become; a piece of nail, hair, or any other.
It can change your sex, age, and race, but it can’t change the species. The effects last between 10 minutes and 12 hours, depending on how well it was brewed.
Veritaserum is a truth potion, and as little as three drops could make the victim spill out all their secrets, no matter how dark. The ability to force someone to say the truth makes this a powerful potion that affects the mind.
5. Invisibility Potion
The invisibility potion is a silver, bubbly potion that allows the user to become invisible. It is an alternative for the invisibility cloak or disillusionment charm. Being invisible is useful; hence we cannot overlook the power of this potion.
6. The Regeneration Potion
This is the potion’s power seen in how it brings Voldemort back from his rudimentary state. It is a potion that can restore non-corporal wizards to their former bodies. It is a product of dark magic, and it needed two things, bone of the father, flesh of servant, and a foe’s blood.
After gathering the ingredients, the wizard’s rudimentary body is put in the potion, and they will regain their initial powerful form.
7. The Exstimulo Potion
The Exstimulo potion is a sky blue potion that increases the spell of a single spell that is cast. The user can only apply it to one spell, but it is dangerous since it can enhance already lethal spells.
8. Rudimentary Body Potion
This potion helps restore life to rudimentary bodies and sustains them as long as the wizard drinks it often.
It was probably invented by Voldemort to create his rudimentary body, and the transformation caused by this potion can be seen in films or books.
Tips For Enjoying A Day At Wizarding World
Harry Potter was a fantastic movie, and there are many games based on it. However, nothing can get you the thrill of being a fan other than visiting the Wizarding world. You can enjoy the visit to the fullest by following these tips;
- Take advantage of early park entry for annual pass holders or guests at the Universal Orlando Resort Hotel. You will get a chance to see the buildings and streets with no people. You can take pictures and have fun before the park gets crowded.
- Get an interactive wand at Ollivanders so that you can walk around the park casting spells. Interactive ones have golden stickers on the boxes.
- Research the park before you visit. This knowledge will help you prioritize and know what parts to go to first, depending on your interests. Research is best for people who are unfamiliar with the park to help them navigate without getting lost.
- Pre-purchase your tickets online to avoid having to stand in line for long to get the tickets in person.
- Get souvenirs. You cannot go to the Wizarding world and come out without a memento of your time there. Plan for the ones you want to buy before going to the park to save money.
The Polyjuice potion is the potion that does not contain Valerian Sprigs. Potions are a big part of the Harry Potter universe, and they have different amounts of power.
Some are invisibility potions, others make users immortal, and others can increase the power of a spell.
You can go to Wizarding world to get an up-close and personal feel of the Harry Potter experience.
There are a lot of adventures, rides, and foods to try out at Wizarding world. Make a good plan to help use your day to the fullest.
- Why Did Voldemort Kill Harry’s Parents?
- Why Did Voldemort Want to Kill Harry?
- What Coffee Does Starbucks Use For Cold Brew? (+ How To Make At Home)
- 23 Amazon Book Sale Statistics, Trends & Facts
- Charli Dunkin (what Is It, How To Order One + Are They Any Good)
- Why Do They Always Spell Your Name Wrong At Starbucks? (+ Other Common Faqs)
- How Does Starbucks Make Cold Foam? (+ Other Common Faqs)
- Starbucks Black Coffee (what Is It, Best One, Calories, Caffeine + More)
- How Many Calories Are In A Tim Hortons Coffee? (+ Other Common Faqs)
- What Coffee Does Starbucks Use? (Espresso, Cold Brew, Decaf + More)