The USPS is an American government-owned and operated business. Does that mean USPS ships only within the United States continental?
Can you also ship internationally? This is what we discovered…
Is USPS shipping internationally?
The United States Postal Service ships mail to over 180 countries. There are many options available to suit your needs, including a variety of delivery speeds and budgets.
This article examines the USPS shipping options, with a special focus on international shipping: What’s available, how much they cost, and where you can find them.
What International Shipping Services Does USPS Provide?
You’ll notice a row of tabs on the USPS website. The International Shipping and Mailing Services tab is the second-to-last tab. This tab will direct you to the international services page.
You’ll find 4 US services here:
- Global Express Guaranteed with a Shipping Time of 1-3 Business Days
- Priority Mail Express International has a shipping time between 3-5 business days
- Priority Mail International has a shipping time between 6-10 business days
- First-Class Package International Service, which varies depending on the destination
Below this list you will see a blue tab similar to the one above. Clicking it will take you directly to Domestic Mail and Shipping Services.
You’ll find published alerts above the list of international shipping companies. These alerts are updated as needed. USPS has advised that mail delivery to certain countries and acceptance of mail have been affected by the Covid-19 virus.
This information ribbon contains a list of countries that have guaranteed delivery suspensions and temporary service.
What other services does the USPS offer?
You’ll find more useful information on the International Shipping and Mailing Services Information Page, such as:
- Packaging and packaging assistance
- Printing customs forms
- Shipping to the Military
- Application for passport renewals and/or replacement
- Transfers of international money
What are the shipping costs for international USPS orders?
Shipping costs to USPS depend on the item you are sending, how quickly you need it to arrive, and whether you require tracking and insurance.
- Global Express Guaranteed – Fast delivery within 1-3 days for urgent items. Prices starting at $67.80 Tracking and insurance ($100 are included). Maximum weight is 70 lbs, maximum length and combined girth are 108 inches.
- Priority Mail Express International is a cheaper option for items that require delivery within a week. Prices start at $47.95 and include tracking and up to 200 insurance. Maximum weight for mail boxes is 70 lbs, flat rate envelopes are 4 lbs. Maximum combined length and width (girth refers to the distance from the thickest part to the nearest) is 108 inches.
- Priority Mail International offers Flat Rate pricing, pricing by weight, destination country and delivery within 6-10 days. Tracking and insurance are included in the prices. Prices starting at $29.60
- First-Class International Package Service – An affordable way to send lightweight items. Packages up to 4 lbs can be packed with goods up to $400. Size restrictions and prices start at $14.85. Delivery costs vary depending on where you are located.
- First-Class Mail International is an option for documents, printed material (books), and other items. Prices start at $2.60 and delivery costs vary depending on destination.
- Airmail M-Bags are for large quantities of printed material, such as magazines, books, or journals. Prices start at $52.80 and delivery costs vary depending on where you are located. Maximum weight is 66 pounds
How do I use USPS for international shipping and mail?
Once you have found your way to See All International Mail Services you can use this handy comparison table to determine which service you require. This table can be expanded to display all options and features.
Scrolling past the table will reveal the same information as the list, but with Global Express Guaranteed First and the option of shipping online. You will be required to create an account or sign in to your existing account if you decide to go this route.
You can also click on “Learn More” (you can do this with each shipping option). The tabs will show you features and pricing, size, weight requirements, and tabs that take you to the shipping calculator, weights, sizes, label, customs form printing and insurance.
Learn more about the USPS You can read our related post to find out if FedEx returns are accepted by USPS.
The USPS offers a variety of complex shipping and delivery services. It can be difficult to find out how to use them. You can simply browse the USPS website to find the service that you are looking for and how to use it.
- Does Usps Ship To The Philippines? (all You Need To Know)
- Usps To Canada (cost, Cheapest Option, Is It Fast, Types + More)
- Does Usps Ship To Hong Kong? (your Full Guide)
- Can You Use Any Box To Ship Usps? (priority, First Class, Internationally + More)
- Does Usps Deliver To South Korea? (delivery Times, Price + More)
- How Fast Is Usps Expedited Shipping? (full Guide)
- Does Usps Ship To Germany? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Fedex Ship To Germany? (all You Need To Know)
- Does Usps Ship To Vietnam? (delivery Times, Price + More)
- Does Usps Ship To Mexico? (price, Time + More)