Venice is a unique, mystical, and beautiful city that has long captured the hearts of travelers. With its winding canals, ornate bridges, and awe-inspiring architecture, it offers a one-of-a-kind experience that is unlike any other city in the world. Visitors can get lost in its labyrinthine alleys, explore exquisite museums, take a gondola ride, indulge in exquisite Italian cuisine, and immerse themselves in the city’s rich culture and history. It’s no wonder that Venice is a bucket-list destination for millions of people every year. In fact, Venice is so special that it made our top 15 international destination list.
20 Things to Do In Venice, Italy
1. Take a Gondola Ride: The best way to experience Venice is by taking a ride on the iconic gondolas. It’s an unforgettable experience where you can take in the city’s architecture from a unique perspective.
2. Visit San Marco: One of the most iconic sites in Venice is the Piazza San Marco. Here you’ll find the imposing St. Mark’s Basilica, the Doge’s Palace, and the stunning Campanile. It’s a great spot to soak up the city’s history and culture.
3. Explore the Rialto Market: If you’re a foodie, you’ll love the Rialto Market, where you can find fresh seafood, fruits, and vegetables. It’s a great spot to find some of the best ingredients for your next Italian dish.
4. Take a Walking Tour: Getting lost in Venice is part of the charm, but taking a guided walking tour can help you gain a deeper understanding of the city’s rich history and culture.
5. Visit Peggy Guggenheim Collection: This museum is home to some of the most breathtaking modern art in the world.
6. Go Island Hopping: Venice is a city made up of a collection of small islands, and it’s worth hopping on a boat to explore some of the surrounding areas.
7. Admire the City’s Bridges: Venice is famous for its ornate bridges. Two of the most popular are the Rialto Bridge and the Bridge of Sighs.
8. Visit the Murano Glass Factory: Murano Island is home to some of the most exquisite glasswork in the world. A trip to the factory is a must if you’re interested in this art form.
9. Attend a Concert: Venice is known for its musical heritage, and there are plenty of classical concerts held throughout the city.
10. Visit the Venetian Lagoon: The Lagoon is a breathtaking natural sight and a perfect spot for bird watching or having a relaxing stroll.
11. Go on a Food Tour: Venice is known for its cuisine, and there’s no better way to get a taste of some of the city’s best dishes than on a food tour.
12. Visit the University of Venice: Founded in the early 17th century, the university is famous for its beautiful architecture and important role in academia.
13. Take a Waterbus Tour: A waterbus tour is a great way to explore the city’s canals and see some of the most spectacular sights.
14. Visit the Venetian Arsenal: The Venetian Arsenal was once the largest industrial complex in Europe and is now a museum that offers a fascinating insight into the city’s shipbuilding heritage.
15. Go to the Biennale di Venezia: The Venice Biennale is one of the most important contemporary art exhibitions in the world and is held every two years.
16. Visit the Theatre La Fenice: The Theatre La Fenice is one of the most famous opera houses in the world and is a must-visit for art lovers.
17. Attend the Venice Carnival: The Venice Carnival is a famous event that attracts visitors from all over the world. The elaborate costumes and beautiful masks are a sight to behold.
18. Visit the Jewish Ghetto: The Venetian Ghetto, founded in the 16th century, is one of the oldest Jewish neighborhoods in Europe and offers a fascinating glimpse into Jewish history and culture.
19. Check out the Art Galleries: Venice is home to some of the most spectacular art galleries in Europe, including the Galleria dell’Accademia and the Peggy Guggenheim Collection.
20. Relax in a Garden: Venice is home to some beautiful public gardens, including the Giardini della Biennale and the Parco delle Rimembranze. They are a great spot to relax and enjoy some greenery in the midst of a bustling city.
Venice is a city that is full of surprises. From its rich history and culture to its breathtaking architecture and artistic heritage, there are plenty of things to do and see in this beautiful city. Whether you’re interested in food, art, or history, there’s something for everyone in Venice. Hopefully, this list has helped you plan out some activities to make the most of your visit to Venice, Italy.
- Top 15 International Travel Destinations That You Must Visit
- The Best Holiday Destinations for History Lovers￼
- Are Somalis Arabs Or Africans? Meet The Somali People And Their Culture
- Does T-mobile Work In Mexico? (Coverage, For Free, Cancun + Other Faqs)
- Things To Do in Myrtle Beach SC
- Are The Starbucks ‘you Are Here’ Mugs Discontinued? (Find Out!)
- Why is Chicago Called the Windy City?
- Top 10 Best Poker Players of All Time