You may have noticed CBD in your local health store or pharmacy. This natural compound has become a popular natural remedy for a range of ailments. CBD is extracted from the cannabis plant and is available in different forms, including oils, capsules, and CBD flowers. While CBD oil and capsules are widely available and legal, the legality of CBD flowers in the UK is a topic of debate. Below, we will explore the legal status of CBD flowers in the UK and what you need to know.
What are CBD flowers?
CBD flowers are the dried buds of the cannabis plant that are high in CBD and low in THC, the psychoactive compound that gives cannabis its high. CBD flowers are a natural source of CBD and can be used for smoking, vaping, or making teas. They are safe to use and come in a range of strengths and strains to help with a number of ailments.
Legal status of CBD flowers in the UK
The legal status of CBD flowers in the UK can be confusing. While CBD is legal in the UK, some CBD flowers are not. The reason for this is that CBD flowers that contain high levels of THC (over 0.2%) are considered a controlled substance under the Misuse of Drugs Act 1971.
However, there are some exceptions to the law. The Home Office issued guidelines in 2019 that allow the sale of CBD flowers as long as they contain less than 0.2% THC. This means that CBD flowers that meet this criterion are legal to sell and possess in the UK. When choosing a CBD flower for you, choosing a reputable brand and being aware of the THC levels means you can choose a safe, and high-quality product.
What to look for when buying CBD flowers
If you are looking to buy CBD flowers in the UK, it is important to ensure that they meet the legal criteria. Here are some things to look for:
- THC content: CBD flowers must contain less than 0.2% THC to be legal.
- Lab tests: Look for lab tests that show the CBD and THC content of the flowers.
- Source: Choose flowers that are sourced from reputable growers and are organic and pesticide-free.
- Reviews: Read reviews from other customers to ensure that you are buying high-quality flowers.
Risks of buying illegal CBD flowers
Buying illegal CBD flowers can have serious consequences. Possessing, selling, or supplying CBD flowers that do not meet the legal criteria can result in criminal charges and a criminal record. It is important to be aware of the risks and to ensure that you are buying legal CBD flowers from a reputable source.
CBD flowers are a natural source of CBD that can be used for smoking, vaping, or making teas. While CBD is legal in the UK, CBD flowers are not. The legal status of CBD flowers in the UK is complex, and it is important to ensure that you are buying legal flowers that meet the criteria set by the Home Office. If you are unsure about the legality of CBD flowers or have any questions, it is always best to ask the manufacturer, or check reviews from other customers.
- Pricing Cannabis Around the World
- How to Grow High CBD Marijuana Seeds
- Delta 9: Ultimate guide with benefits
- The Medical Benefits of Indica Strains
- Does Aldi Have Flowers? (Type, Cost & More!)
- Does Dollar General Sell Flowers? (all You Need To Know)
- A Guide to Growing Predominantly Indica Cannabis Seeds
- Does Costco Deliver Flowers? [fees, Delivery Locations, Range + More]
- Does Walgreens Sell Flowers? [types, Seasons, Price, Quality + More]